Senior Software Engineer - Worksheets
The Worksheets team is responsible for one of Bloomberg's flagship products called Security Worksheet; A highly customizable grid, similar to a spreadsheet, that is integrated to the Bloomberg Terminal. The Security Worksheet can display a variety of financial information about any list of securities, in real-time. Our solution integrates seamlessly with many of the core features the Bloomberg Terminal provides. Users can import, export, and sync data with many other products on the terminal. This makes Worksheets a key element in the daily workflow of more than 225k clients.
We continuously aim to make Worksheets an integral part of our clients' workflows. We collaborate closely with dozens of other teams in order to integrate better with the rest of the terminal and be the one place where clients can go to quickly answer all their questions. We regularly have more than 100 people, from various teams and departments across the firm, join our product updates to hear of our latest developments.
Given its versatility and the high amount of features it offers, we have also been working towards offering Worksheet as a visual grid component for other teams to use directly in their applications. "Worksheet as a Component", as we call it, allows teams to quickly embed our grid into their applications and configure, with a simple JSON, a fully functional grid that understands market data and a custom list of securities. While we already have many teams who are eager to integrate with it, the development of this component is very much on in its early days. This means that there is still a lot of room to set the direction and technical design for it and, with your help, we could get there faster! Vision:
Our team vision is to provide better integration with the Bloomberg terminal. So far, we have collaborated with more than 30 teams across the company in order to provide the best experience for clients. That includes teams in infrastructure, data providers and other application domains.
We are part of a frameworks organisation. All teams in this group have solutions that are meant to be used by other teams in order to achieve more. We align and promote our suite of solutions to be used together where applicable and to share our experience of being supportive towards other teams. What's in it for you?
We will expect you to:
- An opportunity to leave your mark on a product that is used by hundreds of thousands users every day.
- Interesting technical challenges in dealing with diversified number of features and performance in a microarchitecture environment
- Working in a close knit group of teams with supportive colleagues who like to discuss and share knowledge with each other.
We would love to see:
- Work closely with the team to improve our products in a collaborative manner.
- Work with other teams to either collaborate on new features or to assist them in using our component.
- Help on the design of easy-to-use components for other developers.
- Be passionate about continuously improving our work and bringing in new technologies and tools to the team.
If this sounds like you:
- C++ Knowledge
- Typescript experience
- Knowledge of Async programing, backwards/forward compatibility, microservices architecture
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Interest in following agile methodologies
- Passion about Automated testing, CI and CD
- Desire to work on a high profile product and make an impact
- Desire to work on a financial application (note: Financial Knowledge is not required)
- Experience working with distributed systems and telemetry.
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.