Senior Software Engineer - C++ Application Middleware
Our mission is to develop a fault-tolerant, scalable microservice framework that is used by over 5,500 Bloomberg software engineers as the foundation of their applications. That means, our code runs in 10,000s of service instances deployed to 10,000s of machines. We are the technological backbone of the company, enabling all the information to be moved around and the business to happen.
As a C++ engineer in our group, you will be designing APIs other engineers use to build clients and services, working on the system in which services define their interfaces, developing code generators and build tools. Our team:
We work at scale, following industry-wide best practices including continuous integration, release and deployment, in-depth code reviews, static analysis, consensus-based decision making, engineering discipline, and top notch standards for source code (C++ and otherwise). We also have a strong culture of mentorship, professional growth and inclusive communication within the team. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Expertise in your chosen OO programming language, and a willingness to learn/work in C++ when you get here
- An understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
If this sounds like you, apply!
- Experience working with large, distributed systems under continuous use
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX
- Interest in engineering disciplines such as migrations, planning, postmortem analysis, and system design
- Ability to critically assess and plan software changes and roll-outs
- Exposure to multiple phases of the software development life-cycle
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.