Senior Software Engineer
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Senior Software Engineer
Participate in the full-stack development & maintenance of java based services/applications. Development work takes place on an Open Source Java-based platform. Complete design, development, and testing tasks for existing and new applications using a variety of technologies, including Spring boot.
- Develop end-to-end vertical slices of working software across Java, Node.js, Vue.js, MongoDB and Solr Fusion
- Develop Java based Restful micro-services.
- Develop Java based batch ETL jobs.
- Participate and collaborate with team members during design and development.
- Perform unit testing, integration testing and work with the QA team to resolve defects.
- Work with Product Owners to groom user stories and understand requirements.
- Maintain and provide support to the applications.
- Report to the Technology Director and provide timely updates to Scrum Master and Product Owner.
- Provide off hours support for production deployments and to handle any critical production issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related.
- 6+ years of experience in Java Development.
- 3+ years of full-stack development experience with any sensible JS framework, preferably Vue.js
- 3+ years of experience in developing Micro-services.
- 3+ years of experience in developing Restful APIs.
- 3+ years of experience in developing Java based batch jobs.
- 3+ years of experience with test driven development using JUnit, Mockito etc
- 2+ years of experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- 2+ years of experience working with databases like Postgres, Redshift or similar.
- 2+ years of experience working in agile development environment like Scrum.
- 2+ years experience of working with Solr Fusion
- Master's degree in Computer Science, or related is a plus.
- Experience with JSON-API specification is a plus.
- Experience with Spring, Spring boot, Spring batch frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with Sprint Cloud Data Flow is a plus.
- Experience with Node.js is a plus.
- Experience with Python programming is a plus.
- Experience with streaming services like Kafka, Kinesis is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like DataDog, Sumo Logic, Splunk or similar is a plus.
- Experience working with Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc is a plus.
- Experience working with Atlassian tools such as Bamboo, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate to a variety of stakeholders, ranging from development teams to senior management.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate sound judgment as well as apply logical/critical thought processes.
- Self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team environment.
- A curiosity for learning new frameworks and technologies.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .