Senior Software Development Engineer I
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights - we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies. Position Overview
At Third Bridge, we build applications and services for both internal and external users. For internal users, we develop tools to help them with their daily work. This includes project and workflow management, communication, compliance, information search, facilitation of connection between clients and experts, knowledge capture and management.
For our clients, we build services to enable them to access and make use of the content we produce and the expertise we share, supporting them throughout their investment cycles.
For our industry specialists, we provide each individual with tools to provide their availability, manage compliance requirements, and view and manage calls and meetings with Third Bridge and clients.
We aim to hire talented, creative and versatile people to help us grow and make our technology better and faster. We promote a language and framework agnostic approach, use of best practices in architecture and design and a DevOps culture. We work with autonomous and empowered teams in a collaborative and agile environment.
We are looking to recruit Software Development Engineers for our team who will work closely with our tech leads and software engineering managers. You will contribute to the design, development and integration of components seeking direction when needed. Responsibilities
In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Design, implementation, and deployment of software components that solve complex problems generating positive feedback
• Understanding of and best use of design patterns
• Ability to work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully
• Consistent high quality of work that the team trusts, including but not limited to: secure; testable; maintainable; low-defects; efficient; and incorporates best practices
• Rapid and uneventful code reviews
• Providing useful code reviews for changes submitted by others
• Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain
• Making suggestions on improvements to your team's development and testing processes
• Maintaining strong working relationships with teammates and peers including recognising discordant views and taking part in constructive dialogue to reconcile into cohesive solutions
• Confidently train new teammates about your internal clients, what your team's software does, how it is constructed, tested, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture Skills
A successful candidate will:
• Have proven experience in working with PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Zend
• Experience with AWS cloud environments (IaaS, PaaS and FaaS/Serverless),
micro-services, CI / CD, docker
• Solid commercial experience working with React and state management libraries
• Expertise with HTML/CSS applying semantic, accessible HTML and using modern front end development tooling (Webpack, Yarn, Npm)
• Desirable experience in TDD / BDD or chaos engineering
• Be an excellent problem solver implementing testable, maintainable and efficient
components based on defined technology strategies and software engineering standards
• Have significant software engineering training, understanding SOLID design principles and the foundations of application development
• Demonstrate proved experience working in agile teams, identifying b lockers and asking for h elp and guidance where needed
• Show experience as a strong communicator and influencer, mentoring interns and peers, as well as advising tech leads and m anagers
• Have a positive, solution-oriented and humble attitude, collaborating with others to improve development and operational processes
• Be open to explore new territories, experiment, fail and learn while actively seeking knowledge and opportunities to apply it Qualifications
• Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying.
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.