Senior Software Development Engineer Android - Fire TV
DESCRIPTION In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
We are looking for a passionate, talented Senior Software Development Engineer who can drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, including innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. In this Android development role, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in the team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Lead the design of new features and initiatives across the organization, including the preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications in Android.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive professional hands-on experience in software development
• Great Computer Science fundamentals knowledge and experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin.
• Android development experience; Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and/or Kotlin and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
• This role will primarily focus on client side, however, you will need to understand how your work impacts the cloud architecture
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.