Senior Software Development Engineer
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights - we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies. Technology Function Overview
Our Tech function is scaling rapidly. We have invested heavily in our infrastructure and technology capability, enabling us to deliver innovative solutions and deep insight market intelligence to our clients. Through harnessing the latest tools and technology, we allow the business to work faster, more intelligently and we are uncovering more and more business opportunities as a result. We are also continuing to build a word class product team which will help take Third Bridge to the next level, and beyond. All this whilst we move from data centres to being fully hosted in AWS.
We aim to hire talented, creative and versatile people that help us grow and make our technology better and faster. We promote language and framework agnostic approach, best practices in architecture and design, devops culture, autonomous and empowered teams, in a collaborative environment. Position Overview
We are looking to recr uit a Senior Software Development Engineer
to the Connections Engineering team . The successful candidate will work closely with our technical leads, technical program managers and product owners, contributing to the design, development and integration of a variety of technology solutions.
At Third Bridge, we build applications and services for both internal and external users: for internal users (our colleagues), we develop tools to help them with their daily work. This includes project and workflow management, communication, compliance, information search, facilitation of connection between clients and experts, knowledge capture and management etc. For our clients, we build services to enable them to access and make use of the content we produce and the expertise we share, supporting them throughout their investment cycles. Responsibilities
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the design, implementation, and deployment of software components that solve complex problems generating positive feedback
- Delivery of consistently high quality of work that the team trusts
- Influencing your team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach
- Making suggestions on improvements to your team's development and testing practices
- Maintaining strong working relationships with teammates and peers, including recognising discordant views and taking part in constructive dialogue to reconcile into cohesive solutions
- Mentor/train colleagues on how your team's software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture
- Have proven experience of working extensively with Node.js
- Have significant software engineering experience, understanding SOLID design principles, design patterns and the foundations of application development
- Commercial experience with AWS cloud environments (IaaS, PaaS and FaaS/Serverless), microservices, Docker/containerisation
- Experience of leveraging CI/CD, TDD/BDD, automation and other contemporary development practices to deliver quality work efficiently to environments
- You can demonstrate technical influence over 1-2 teams, either via a collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practice
- Demonstrable experience of working in multidisciplinary agile teams using Kanban, Scrum and other agile practices
- Experienced in delivering scalable, maintainable and secure solutions that optimises resourcing levels, timescales and quality
- You have led the design, implementation, and delivery of successful large-scale, critical and/or highly complex software or software effort involving significant work
- You have taken the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems, architectural deficiencies, or areas where your team's software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams
- Demonstrable experience in influencing others towards agreed solutions that balances different perspectives and technical tradeoffs, eg, build versus integrate versus buy
- The ability to make informed decisions on the applicability of approaches and patterns to different problems
- You are able to communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You harmonise discordant views and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus)
- Experience with PHP 7.x and PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Zend
- Experience of NoSQL databases
- Hold a Computer Science or equivalent degree
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying.
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.