Senior Sector Investment Manager - Life Sciences & Healthcare
Senior Sector Investment Manager (12 Month FTC)
The Senior Sector Manager works across projects and accounts. The precise split is dependent on needs of sector and directed by Head. Senior Sector Managers are responsible for managing strategic high value projects and for account managing the most strategically important Tier C accounts which have the highest potential of yielding multiple high value Foreign Direct Investment Projects. The post holder will also manage members of the Sector
Advisory Services Team. Key Responsibilities of the role Project Delivery
- Deploy, task and manage investment advisors on active cases and manage performance and outcomes
- Proactively manage the sector active pipeline and ensure that DIT's CRM system is updated with all project information
- Quality assure client proposals and ensure delivery deadlines are met, and provide detailed PR case where necessary, that promote IST contributions made to successes.
Inform the appraisal and response to client requests for information and lead virtual project teams specific projects where appropriate, managing a case-load of strategically important, longer-term
- Work with research teams to generate sector-specific information to feed responses to clients
Network, influence and lead
- Develop and account manage a caseload of DIT designated Tier C foreign owned, UK-based companies, and develop in-depth influencing relationships with key company staff, with the objective to maximise the number and value of investment opportunities generated.
- Support DIT HQ colleagues on the account management of companies on Tiers A and B of the DIT One List.
- In accordance with best practice in account management, maintain regular contact with the accounts.
- Act as a trusted adviser to the company, develop and identify Foreign Direct Investment Projects ensuring activity is recorded on DIT systems and relevant teams informed
- Lead and where required support, multi-disciplined virtual teams which may consist of International, national and local partners, drawn from the private and public sector, to secure multiple FDI projects from a single account.
- Directly manage specific members of the sector team, as advised by the Head of Sector.
Proactively engage in the appropriate sector networks, to further develop knowledge and relationships,delivering greater value to FDI clients and developing new accounts.
- Maintain active and influencing relationships with relevant local partners; to include local authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships, universities, property agents, intermediaries and professional firms, sector organisations, supply chain organisations, business organisations, technology centres and other appropriate bodies in order to ensure that your client companies can access the benefits available and be supported in a timely and professional manner.
- Assume a position of natural authority in the sector, informing and influencing key stakeholders at the local, national and international level. Drawing on effective influencing skills, to help shape their agendas and activities.
Management and best practice
Key targets include:
- Management of members of the Sector Advisory Services Team.
Create and share intelligence with the IST and ensure that propositions developed for UK foreign companies are communicated effectively.
- Uphold the principles of the account management programme, its procedures and standards at all times
- Contribute to the development of the UK sector business plans.
Adopt and promote the UK First approach at all times
Develop and maintain a portfolio of XX companies
Generate XXX high value successes Work alongside: IST Sector Teams:
- Knowledge Lab
- DIT HQ Sector Teams
- LEPs and Local Delivery Partners
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Experience & Qualifications
- Significant experience of one of DIT's focus sectors - for more info, see
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/investment-in-the-uk-guidance-for-overseas-businesses#uk - industry-sector-overviews
- Have effectively worked in multi-disciplinary teams made up from various differing organisations.
- Experience of credibly working with C-level executives of multi-national companies with investment projects
- Be experienced in Foreign Direct Investment
- Have a sound working knowledge of, and be connected to, networks within the sector in which they will specialise, or demonstrate the ability to acquire such knowledge quickly
- Have experience in account management or a related field
- Have worked effectively in multi-disciplinary teams made up from various differing organisations.
- Have some experience of working credibly with C-level (middle to senior ranking) executives of multi-national companies
- Ability to identify new prospective customers, to win appointments to see them and to develop relationships
- Ability to spot / create sales opportunities and respond accordingly
- Shows initiative, tenacity and courage; strives to exceed expectations and deliver against objectives
- Good problem solving skills
- Recognises and meets clients' needs; understands the clients' perspective and offers appropriate assistance
- Thinks clearly, stays focussed under extreme pressure and controls own emotions positively
- Displays diplomacy and tact especially in difficult, sensitive and complex situations
- Excellent team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to work without close supervision - able to prioritise and multitask
- Demonstrate strong communication skills by actively questioning and listening in order to achieve a common understanding of complex issue. They will use appropriate tactics and techniques to send clear and convincing messages.
- Proven planning and organisation skills with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Exemplary in demonstrating EY values
Significant experience in one or more of DIT's sectors:
- Experience and background in commercial environment at management level
- Experience of working in a results-oriented, matrix managed environment
- Understanding of how organisations work in partnership to deliver joint outcomes
- Degree or other professional qualification
What working at EY offers
- Healthcare and Life Sciences (Including Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Medical Technologies, Digital Health and Healthcare).
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.