Senior Secretariat Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 104 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring AIIB's investment portfolio which includes both loans and equity investments with or without sovereign guarantees. It also supports management and project teams to ensure the high quality of the portfolio. IMD reports to both the Vice President, Investment Operations (IO) Region 1 and Vice President, IO Region 2, and provides Secretariat services for the Investment Committee (IC).
IMD is recruiting a Senior Secretariat Officer (SSO) who will primarily work on the IC Secretariat function. The SSO will report to the Director General (DG), IMD.
- Perform regular IC Secretariat functions as per the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the IC Secretariat including scheduling IC meetings, collecting and distributing IC meeting documents (and editing and formatting them as needed), collecting and distributing IC members' review comments and the project team's responses, preparing IC meeting agendas, drafting IC meeting minutes and coordinating with Project Team Leaders and IC members to finalize the minutes, and circulating final minutes.
- Represent the DG, IMD in IC meetings and provide on-site secretariat services.
- Coordinate with the front offices of VPs, IO and the Screening Committee Secretariat in maintaining and updating the Investment Program/Pipelines.
- Assist Project Teams in preparing/updating the Project Summary Information (PSI) and coordinating submission of PSIs to the Corporate Secretariat (SEC) and the Communications Department for onward sharing with the Board and public disclosure, respectively.
- Monitor the status of projects in the Investment Program/Pipelines in terms of project processing and project documentation, design the template of the regular monitoring reports and prepare reports for Management, and send reminders or alerts to Project Team Leaders and Management.
- Coordinate with the Communications Department and project teams in preparing responses to inquiries from the public (including NGOs).
- Coordinate with the Corporate Secretariat, the President's Office, and Project Teams in preparing Board submissions, and preparing responses to inquiries from the Board.
- Lead the business administration and upgrading activities for major IT systems for investment operations, such as the Investment Management Information System (IMIS) and the Client Relation Management system (CRM).
- Carry out other duties as required by the DG, IMD.
- Minimum 8 -10 years of relevant working experience in carrying out secretariat functions in an established organization; experience in a financial institution and/or multilateral organization is a plus.
- Understanding of investment project cycles, from project screening, identification, preparation, appraisal, negotiation, to approval, including various due diligence and assessments to be carried out during project preparation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) with demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written briefs).
- Effective ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Master's degree (such as economics, finance, business administration, international relations, social sciences or similar field relevant to the AIIB's operations).
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.