About the Role
Client Management is responsible for delivering high portfolio growth and an exceptional customer experience with appropriate clients, governed by the overall policy & strategy of ClearBank. Relationship Managers are expected to follow the defined ClearBank sales management processes to identify, engage and win mandates with appropriate clients while providing a high-quality sales experience that fosters long-term relationships and growth. Client Management seeks to be recognised as a Trusted Advisor to all clients and Relationship Managers are expected to carefully tailor ClearBank product sets to solve for pressing issues and deliver tangible value to our clients. The successful candidate will join a high-performance client management organisation, with an embedded risk & control mindset and that operates through a strong team culture which values collaboration, innovation and positive engagement. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving sustainable revenues and returns from their client portfolio – which will consist of existing and target clients in the banking sector both in the UK and abroad.
The Client Management team report to the Head of Client Management and is part of the Chief Customer Office.
- Revenue & Pipeline growth: deliver realised revenues to the business through taking clients through the full sales cycle. Build a rich and robust pipeline of deals that make consistent progress through the sales and onboarding process.
- For live clients, drive cross-sell and wallet-share growth whilst protecting against client/revenue attrition.
- Identify and target large, strategic deals/clients and convert to realised revenues whilst maintaining strict accordance to ClearBank risk and control frameworks.
- Continue to improve client satisfaction and client experience, finding ways to drive commercial benefit for both the client and ClearBank whilst protecting the good reputation of ClearBank.
- Contribute to the strategic and operational direction of the team to deliver a high performance client management process and culture.
- Maintain effective relationships and deal openly with all key stakeholders by pursuing the ClearBank’s revenue targets and aspirations, considering the needs of all stakeholders and decisions which in the long term are positive for customers, shareholders, employees and the communities within which the organisation operates.
- Create and execute against a sector strategy that is ambitious and achievable. Be responsible for performance against objectives and take accountability for delivery.
- Work closely across the business, product management and with the PR and Communications manager to deliver an appropriate market facing presence & messaging.
- Think strategically about longer-term, sustainable client generation.
- Lead complex negotiations and close large strategic deals.
- Contribute in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients
- Build strong relationships across the business to work collaboratively with Finance, Product and other areas to ensure the client voice is represented whilst maintaining commerciality for the business
- Have a clear market view on news and developments with respect to competitors, payment systems and client sectors.
Personal Experience & Technical Capabilities:
- A professional with strong and demonstrable experience in selling payment services to banks or financial institutions.
- Deep understanding of the UK payments landscape. Robust knowledge of digital banking solutions such as API’s, regulatory & scheme advancements, and international banking will be advantageous.
- An outstanding track record of delivering against sales targets and winning large mandates. Also the ability to maintain long-term client relationships.
- Strategically minded and able to demonstrate success of originating new client or deal types to the business.
- An Industry expert in Payments, has deep understanding of the industry domain – banking and financial sector
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise as it relates to UK Payments (BACS, CHAPS, Sterling Clearing)
- A good Risk & Compliance competence, and evidence of successfully operating in a robust and resilient risk culture.
- Detailed orientated, ability to multi-task, strong written and verbal communication and a confident presenter to ExCo & Board. Ability to handle conflicting priorities and goals.
- The ability to both be a positive team player that adds value to team dynamics as well as an individual who does not need close supervision to deliver results.
About what we offer
- The right candidate will be provided with support, guidance and training along with exposure to departments and functions that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge of how a bank with payments at its heart is built and how it operates on a day-to-day basis.
- A suite of competitive employee benefits and perks
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
The legal bit: By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank® website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.
Perks, benefits and rewards
- Great learning and promotion opportunities
- 32 holidays a year (including bank holidays)
- Private medical and dental cover
- 6% employer contribution through the ClearBank scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- 2 days off each year to do something bigger than ClearBank
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion are key to our mission. At ClearBank we recognise and respect that each individuals unique perspecetives are what allows us to build the bank we all enjoy working in. We believe that the differences between people creates value. We focus on inclusion to create a safe and welcoming workplace culture which encourages and enables people to achieve their best, innovate, and most importantly, speak up to make us better.