Senior Sales Representative, ETF’s
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
We are seeking a Senior Sales Executive in either our Amsterdam or London office, focusing on ETF sales in Benelux or UK&IRE. You will be responsible for establishing new relationships in all focus channels, identifying and sourcing new client relationships and assisting with procuring new opportunities. You must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with all areas of business within the firm. Our Asset Management Division is a global leader in multi-asset class solutions with expertise in Quantitative, Active, Liquidity and alternative investment capabilities. We have established a strong knowledge of sustainable trends and strategies whom we have implemented in our portfolios for decades.
We are seeking an individual that wants to make a career move to make personal direct impact on a highly innovative ETF provider expanding in EMEA. We have an innovative and open-minded team looking to make a difference in the market. You will be responsible for your own region, an ideal opportunity for an eager person wanting to personally make a difference and lead.
The individual will focus on asset owners and asset aggregators in specific market. In this position the individual will preferably have expertise in selling non-market cap ETF's and Portfolio Solutions. As an ETF Sales, you will provide our ETF asset management capabilities to a network of existing contacts; Intermediaries wealth and retail, Platforms and institutions. You will also have a role as a sales strategist to the broader institutional sales team, working within a collaborative culture, and act as a liaison between the ETF team and Institutional Sales. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Call on prospects; Intermediary's, Platforms and institutions in order to support and grow the business through the use of our ETFs in a defined region.
• Deliver sales presentations, finals pitches, Due Diligences and Introductions to grow our ETF assets
• Identify implementation opportunities and marketing/collateral needs, that will help drive adoption and usage of our ETF range
• Report activities, accomplishments, and opportunities to regional sales Lead, as well as using our ERM tool
• Be a contributing member of a team that thrives on partnership, innovation, and execution; ie a team player
• Work closely with Institutional Team to communicate client voice from the field
• Work with other Sales team members (executives and associates) to maximize territory sales coverage.
• Identify and coordinate the analytic support of ETF implementation opportunities Skills/ Qualifications:
• Proven direct outside Institutional or Intermediary sales and territory management experience with an ETF range, Institutional, or hedge fund distributor, preferably a non-market cap ETF provider
• Proven track record in understanding and implementation of competitive analytics and analysis
• Ability to develop relationships with professional ETF selection teams and deliver ideas and information that will generate sales and assets
• Ability to travel on a consistent basis
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional sales presentation skills
• High energy, motivated individual, commitment to excellence
• Ability to work in a team environment is critical
• Experience with Factor / non market cap / ESG / Alternative Asset ETF's (Or smart Beta) , equities as well as Fixed Income
• Maintain Contact Management tools.
• Has demonstrated experience in working with senior executives both internally as well as externally (CEO, CIO, Head of Investments).
• Creating and Executing the Business plan for the region, in collaboration with Head of Sales and regional Sales team.
• Knowledge and affinity with ESG trends
• Ability to work under time pressures both individually and as a team member.
• Experience in providing a high level of service to key clients both reactively and proactively
• Working in strong team player environment. Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.