Senior Sales Director - Sellside Credit
Company & Team - "About Us"
Our industry-leading solutions, data services and investment management capabilities enhance the end-to-end lifecycle for syndicated loans and private debt, with a range of offerings, including:
Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
- Trading and Settlement
- Portfolio and Agency Administration
- Messaging and Data Services
- Syndication and Agency Platforms
This is a Senior Sales Director appointment with the solutions sales specialist team in EMEA. The position will have responsibility for prospecting and selling to new and existing accounts within the Sellside and Asset Servicers segment across the EMEA region.
The successful candidate will have experience in financial markets, direct selling experience of related software applications and/or relevant background in sellside loan operations.
An ideal candidate must have a proven sales track record within enterprise software sales and have the ability to sell fintech enterprise software solutions, manage long and complex sales cycles, and build relationships at all levels, up to the C-level. This is a hunter style sales role requiring a solution/complex sales approach, ability to be a self-starter, and to own full responsibility for developing sales opportunities.
Knowledge of loan agency and syndication tools is ideal. Understanding of bank loan origination, syndication, agency and administration workflows is preferred.
Duties & Accountabilities:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Generation and ownership of a strategy to build new business pipeline in assigned territory
- Prospecting and networking activities to drive new opportunities
- Work closely with internal pre-sales, product and client management teams
- Ability to give high level product demos with support from pre-sales
- Work with the EMEA Account management team as a Sales Specialist
- Maintain opportunities, pipeline and management reports from Salesforce
- Understand competitive systems strengths & weaknesses, including ability to articulate key solutions advantages to prospects and internal staff
- Ability to negotiate contracts and close complex sales
- Active participation in sales conferences, marketing events, sales collateral production, client entertainment and other marketing functions
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 8+ years complex software sales experience
- Broad based experience with another relevant technology vendor with exposure to managing complex relationships and/or processes
- Knowledge and experience in sellside institutions or capital markets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Specific experience in covering this client base will be a big advantage
- Market-leading product offering including WSO, ClearPar & DebtDomain.
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.