Aviva are looking to appoint a Senior Responsible Investment Manager to join their Staff Pensions Investments team. **This is an 18-month Fixed Term Contract role. The role focuses on the development, implementation and monitoring of the responsible investment policies for the staff pension schemes, supported by the production of timely and accurate Management Information.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Enabling effective oversight of the schemes’ appointed fund managers from a responsible investment perspective
- Enabling effective oversight and decision making through the provision of reliable and timely management information
- Supporting the implementation of Board and Committee decisions on all aspects of the schemes’ investment strategies
- Acts as reviewer for regular reporting produced by the Investment Operations Manager
- Supports the assessment and monitoring of risks within Trustees’ risk framework
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working with large pension schemes as well as knowledge/experience of working with asset managers
- Knowledge of responsible investment requirements for pension funds and familiarity with key concepts in relation to responsible investing for major asset classes
- Investment consulting background or in-house experience preferred
- Extensive stakeholder management experience is essential
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Finance or Economics or comparable) regarded as essential
- Professional qualification such as CFA or actuarial or equivalent experience.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience, qualifications & location
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to Guv.email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.