Senior Research & Development Associate - Corporate Finance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Houlihan Lokey
- 24 Apr 19
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2017, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, and we’ve been ranked No. 1 for U.S. transactions under $1 billion for the past 10 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
The Research & Development team at Houlihan Lokey analyses markets and companies to drive and inform business development activities for the Corporate Finance segment of Houlihan Lokey.
We are seeking to hire a full-time Research & Development Senior Associate based in London to help to expand our team throughout Houlihan Lokey, develop new systems and harness data and technology. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with existing knowledge of the global corporate landscape seeking to build their management experience and knowledge of business development, gain exposure to corporate finance and develop an in-depth understanding of the data & analytics, software, media, business services and financial services sectors.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Research & Development Director, and assisting in the management of a growing team currently comprising four further team-members, day-to-day duties include:
- Managing and growing the Research & Development team, including recruitment and appraisals
- Creating and improving systems and processes to scale lead generation efforts & improve productivity
- Managing relationship with outsourced research providers
- Overall management of content marketing process
- Building out account management systems for internal clients and providing account management
- Helping to manage the R&D innovation pipeline
- Working with the R&D Director to support strategic initiatives
- Assisting in the creation of a company-wide corporate information system & associated workflow functionality
The successful candidate will be supported in the development and undertaking of a relevant continued professional development programme.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is both collegial and entrepreneurial. Teamwork is essential to the firm’s success. At the same time, creativity and new ideas are encouraged to help us grow our business. Top performers are rewarded with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High level of self-motivation
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the global corporate landscape, ideally including the software & information industries
- Experience of marketing or sales, ideally in a business-to business environment
- Familiarity with designing and developing new systems and processes to improve internal efficiency
- Experience using CRM systems, ideally involvement in roll out or adding extra functionality
- Proven ability to research, organise and present complex ideas whilst maintaining an eye for detail
- Experience interacting with and selling to internal senior colleagues
- First-class literacy, numeracy and organisational skills
- Knowledge of and interest in the latest online information and software trends
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/DV