- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Research Analyst
Location: London, England, United KingdomThis role will form an integral part of the Moody's Analytics BankFocus Research team, aiding in production and drafting credit research publications based on the analysis of banks and financial institutions, their operating and regulatory environments.
- Assist Head of Moody's Analytics BankFocus Research in the production of periodic, thematic, client-focused research publications and projects.
- Assume responsibility and ownership for driving content in various published reports.
- Perform banking industry and financial institution analysis as well as peer group comparisons, set up and maintain regular updates of bank league tables.
- Provide timely and relevant data research on topics related to regulator and financial issues affecting financial institutions globally.
- Liaise with the BankFocus Financial Data Analyst team to assist with data integrity and ensure consistency of the spreading standards for bank financial statements globally.
At Bureau van Dijk we are committed to empowering our customers to make better, faster decisions. We do this by providing the most comprehensive and reliable dataset of private company information on the market.
Our Orbis database contains information on around 300 million companies across all countries. This data comes from hundreds of different sources which we then standardize and link for the benefit of our customers. We also provide a series of Catalyst workflow platforms, powered by Orbis, built to help customers with specific functions such as compliance, credit, M&A, procurement, transfer pricing and wallet sizing.
Moody's Analytics acquired Bureau van Dijk in August 2017. As part of Moody's Analytics, we believe that a diverse workforce representing an array of backgrounds and experiences enhances the quality of our opinions, products and services. We support independent thought and promote a work environment that values and maximizes the contributions of all employees.
- A bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or a related field, MBA or PhD preferred.
- Relevant experience in bank credit research experience, working with bank financial statement data sets.
- Experience of producing external or internal credit research reports on credit related issues.
- Experience with or a sound understanding of the capital markets (particularly credit risk).
- Strong quantitative aptitude, both theoretical and empirical, and proven analytical skills; knowledge of basic econometrics.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.