Senior Real Estate Project Manager
The Corporate Real Estate and Services Department (CRES) has a wide range of responsibilities which include formulating and implementing the Bank's corporate real estate strategy, developing and maintaining the Bank's leased and owned spaces, including electrical and mechanical infrastructure, as well as delivering a wide range of business support services which help the Bank to achieve its business goals. CRES provides a broad set of building-related services which include project management, security services, facilities management (building operations maintenance, systems management) and facilities services (executive services, mail, food services, health clubs, switchboard, print/copy centers, translations and cleaning).
- Lead all aspects of project planning and execution for capital projects, including but not limited to definition of project scope, space planning, schedule development and management, budget development and management, internal approvals, onboarding consultants, design development, supervision of construction document production, RFP processes, construction, MEP and IT coordination, furniture specification, procurement and installation, move coordination, etc.
- Ensure that all projects follow a consistent process including internal policies and procedures and industry standard methodologies. Track the performance of internal and external project teams ensuring maximum resource and cost efficiency.
- Coordinate the project related requirements of all internal partners including but not limited to Critical Engineering, Information Technology and Security and ensure they are developed and executed in accordance with standards and within the defined scope and budget.
- Work collaboratively with internal client representatives to obtain operational and program requirements and create a well-defined project scope.
- Develop and coordinate cost effective and efficient proposed plans with the internal CAD team and/or other outside consultants. Obtain appropriate approvals.
- Coordinate and supervise overall planning, project structure, project schedule, budgets and bidding processes.
- Management of all consultants, trades and internal project resources.
- Work collaboratively with all internal CRES and IT regional teams to ensure all technical requirements are incorporated in project design documents as well as through project execution, includes Engineering, IT, and Security.
- Chair weekly project meetings with consultants and internal partners ensuring proper meeting documentation and communication processes are established and adhered to.
- Responsible for establishing, managing, and all aspects of reporting on the project budget.
- Review and process all project related purchase orders and invoices, confirming accuracy with contracted scope of work, and contracted rates.
- As required, become familiar with occupancy statistics, client contacts, headcount, lease details, etc. of regional offices.
- Estimating budgets and developing schedules as requested.
- Travel as required to supervise key project achievements.
- Review all proposed plans and construction documents to identify possible value engineering and cost reduction opportunities and work with the various teams to incorporate these changes.
- Responsible for the flow of information between the project team and others as required.
- Contribute in updating individual and consolidated project reports.
- Support the Real Estate Strategy team on leasing activities and preparation of business cases, providing proposed plans, budgets and schedules and participating in site surveys and evaluations of various options.
- Significant Project Management experience handling major interior construction projects, combined with experience in coordinating technology infrastructure installation and cabling coordination.
- Experience in design and construction. Strong foundation in industry construction practices.
- Strong space planning skills.
- Experience with contract furniture including specification, procurement and installation.
- Must be able to travel and work independently.
- Must possess the highest level of accountability, decision making authority, and resourcefulness.
- Must have the ability to establish, develop, and maintain relationships across levels and departments.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically while remaining closely involved in the necessary detail.
- Must be customer and service oriented, ensuring all corporate standards and cost savings initiatives are followed.
- Strong consideration provided to candidates with a degree in Architecture/Design, Construction Management, or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Construction and/or Engineering background (or comparable) experience desired having demonstrable technical skills in all relevant areas of construction and planning; e.g. interiors, or engineering.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.