Senior Prudential Analyst
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a qualified accountant and / or a regulatory professional with strong experience of ICAAP and or Recovery Plan gained within the industry (asset manager or bank), to take a lead role in the development and delivery of the ICARA reporting process.
We want individuals who take responsibility for their own outputs, ensuring they are accurate and of high quality, and who can work independently, using their own initiative. You need to have strong written and oral communication skills and to be a good team player.
The jobholder will take a lead role in the delivery of the ICARA documents for several solo UK regulated asset management firms within the Schroders Group.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Group Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the production of all prudential regulatory material for the consolidated Schroders Group (CRR) and several solo UK regulated asset management firms (IFPR / CPM) and for production of associated internal reports.
The team is overall owner of almost all of the Group Pillar 2 documents, including the ICAAP, Recovery Plan and Wind-down plan, and will be responsible for the production of several ICARAs under the new FCA IFPR regime.
The team is also responsible for production and submission of Pillar 1 prudential regulatory returns and Pillar 3 documents.
What you'll do
The jobholder will:
• Manage the development and delivery of the first set of legal entity ICARAs, working to strict deadlines and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the outputs;
• Prepare and deliver the first set of legal entity disclosure documents under IFPR;
• Be responsible for the project management of the ICARA and disclosure documents, including reviewing outputs from subject matter experts across Finance, Group Risk teams, and the wider business;
• Identify control gaps and develop governance frameworks for the end-to-end ICARA and disclosure document processes
• Act as the lead GRR liaison with the teams involved in the ICARA processes (Finance, Group Risk teams, and the wider business);
• Take ownership of the future development of the processes and approaches used in the documents; and
• keep up to date with upcoming changes to relevant regulations pertaining to ICARA and Pillar 3.
• Contribute to the production process for the Group Pillar 2 documents (ICAAP, Recovery Plan, Wind-down plan) as required
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Qualified accountant and / or a regulatory professional
• Strong experience and familiarity with the ICAAP and / or other Pillar 2 documents
• Detailed understanding of FCA prudential standards, including the IFPR/IFR regime
For qualified accountant, at least 3 - 5 years PQE. Otherwise, at least 6 - 8 years industry experience
What you'll be like
• strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mind;
• ability to work under own initiative;
• ability to manage projects and implement change;
• ability to develop close and effective working relationships and manage key stakeholders, and;
• strong written and oral communication skills.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.