Senior Project Manager (Returner Supported Hiring)
About the opportunity Department Description
The Eight Roads Portfolio team (part of the CPO, CFO & GC technology) is charged with the delivery and development of services to the Eight Roads Capital Venture and Investment business. The team is responsible for supporting and delivering a portfolio of projects agreed with Eight Roads. Purpose of the Role
The role will take ownership for the end-to-end delivery of multiple projects within the Eight Roads portfolio. The successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders in the global investment and central (Finance, HR, Risk) teams to deliver products as defined by the Eight Roads Technology strategy and to ensure strong levels of on-going service and engagement.
The role requires a hands-on individual, detail orientated individual who can manage multiple projects while actively owning tasks in the plan.
This is a high-profile role within a demanding business environment and exposure to a varied technology stack. This would suit an energised individual with strong management and delivery skills as well as good breadth of technology understanding. A new technology strategy for Eight Roads is being articulated and this role will be responsible for its successful implementation, working with the various internal and external teams globally to make that happen Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Build a strong relationship with our Eight Roads Stakeholders
- Take ownership and delivery responsibility for key projects within the Eight Roads Portfolio; notable activities would include:
- Maintaining project and resourcing plans with the relevant technology delivery and support groups
- Managing project budgets, ensuring actuals and forecasts are tracked
- Undertaking senior stakeholder communications including regular product steering committees
- Own and deliver tasks with the project plan / Kanban board
- Undertake due diligence, risk and related assessment of companies in line with Eight Roads needs
- Advise and act as a representative for Information Security and Cyber, leveraging FIL, FMR and external parties where required
- Help manage the relationship between Eight Roads and FIL Technology to ensure the correct levels of service and support are maintained.
About you About Fidelity International
- Strong leadership and senior management level communication, client management and influencing skills
- Technology Project Management experience including -
- Track record of delivery of cross functional programmes of work; experience of managing finance projects a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and to navigate complex decision points
- Experience of delivering change across internal, vendor and offshore models
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience of delivery within a global working environment
- Ability to be hands-on and work in the detail, while maintaining a higher-level view of the portfolio
- Self-starter, team-player with an ability to lead strategic thinking
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.