Wealth Management Engineering requires an experienced hybrid Project Manager and Business Analyst to manage critical growth Initiatives and Regulatory obligations by leveraging best in class project management skills and strong functional / architectural expertise.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager / Business Analyst with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support technology needs across the Divisions.
The role creates the opportunity for an individual to manage critical/key initiatives for the Consumer and Wealth Management Division (CWM) which require an engineering uplift in order to meet new business opportunities and/or respond to industry and regulatory demands.
Roles will include;
- Collaborating with Divisional and Engineering Management, Operations, Legal and compliance to define and document the problem domain and Requirements.
- Work with Engineering leadership and teams (within CWM and across Divisions of the firm) to agree solution design, resourcing and deliverables
- Supporting the Engineering teams during the entire development lifecycle by liaising with the broader project team to ensure supporting dependencies and deliverables are being met.
- Holding project teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Defining, agreeing, tracking key project delivery metrics such as OMRs and Measures of Success and communicating status to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Acquiring a deep functional knowledge of the problem domain and functional areas.
- Asking focused questions and rapidly gain an in-depth understanding of the current processes and compare and relate to similar situations
- Apply first-principles / critical thinking to challenge assumptions (such as functional requirements and solution designs).
- Conduct detailed problem tracking, resolutions and completion of all actions and issues by their deadlines.
- Escalate items that are unresolved or at risk. Prioritize analysis based on risks and demonstrate ability to work with incomplete information.
- Apply an agile methodology and define the Minimum Viable Product, critical path to delivery where appropriate.
Basic skills and Qualifications:
- 3-6 years of experience as a Technical Project Manager / Business Analyst within the Financial Services industry.
- Strong understanding and experience of the Technology Concepts and System Development Life Cycle fundamentals
- Understanding of Investment Banking Business and Financial concepts, products and services.
- Understanding of the global financial regulatory environment.
- Strong track record of leading and delivering complex programs with tight deadlines including regulatory obligations.
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate business cases and drive consensus with senior management
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive and a sense of urgency
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Agile project management and / or coaching experience e.g.
- Defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Supporting the Product Owner in managing expectations for project deliverables
- Coaching, mentoring and developing team members in Agile project management, methodology and implementation.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity