The Senior Project Manager has an increasing leadership role in the project portfolio of a specific division or strategic initiative and leads the delivery of one or more complex, strategic projects or programs that span organizational boundaries. This includes managing multiple high-risk projects involving external parties, multiple business areas and aligning deliverables and operationalize change across multiple teams from one or more divisions and functions to achieve the targeted business outcomes. Principal Accountabilities:
- Partners with project stakeholders to identify and clarify gaps in scope and requirements. Moreover, works with cross-functional teams and ensures that projects are appropriately staffed and that deliverables are well defined and achieved with quality.
- Supports other team members in sharing best practices, lessons learned and identifies areas to improve processes which leads to more efficient execution. Lead related initiatives expected to provide mentorship and guidance to P&E Project Managers to develop professional skillset through project work and further develop business acumen as it relates to projects.
- Contributes to the development of business cases with portfolio management and corporate development specific to project delivery (key deliverables and milestones), and identifies the necessary contributors to achieve a targeted business outcome.
- With increasing complexity, leads the delivery of an individual projects and/or programs that span organizational boundaries. This includes aligning deliverables and operationalize change across multiple teams from one or more divisions to achieve targeted business outcomes
- Regularly communicates based on target audience relevant status on project(s) which represent a holistic, cross-functional view on progress to achieve business results with manager/mentor support.
- Establishes completion and success criteria for each project and program with sponsors, then works with delivery teams to ensure that criteria for each project within the program are met.
- Identifies, documents and communicates decisions, open items, risks and issues to P&E Leadership. Provides transparency to all stakeholders and leverages team(s) and drives to communicate decisions, resolves open items, mitigates risks and resolves issues.
- Project guidance to project teams to work with stakeholders to manage change requests, including re-evaluation of project forecasts. Analyzes and reports on variances, and leads corrective actions as necessary.
- Develops and monitors charter(s), stakeholder governance, project plans and manages dependencies of related projects.
- Collaborates with other project/execution/delivery/portfolio managers by maintaining an active dialogue/awareness on relevant shared dependencies and business outcomes.
- Regularly communicates based on target audience relevant status on project(s) which represent a holistic, cross functional view on progress to achieve business results with moderate manager/mentor support. Skilled business acumen in multiple facets of CME' business lines or shared services division(s)
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge, and thinks and talks in global terms. Understands the position of the organization within a global context and knows the impact of global trends on the organization. Is sensitive to how people and organizations function and anticipates land mines and plans approach accordingly. Deals comfortably with organizational politics and knows who has power, respect and influence.
- Years of professional experience and/or relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's/University degree or international equivalent
- Substantial experience in managing complex and fast-paced projects
- A high degree of initiative and a flexible approach - comfortable with competing demands, ambiguity and changing priorities
- Proactive execution, collaborating with a global set of internal stakeholders including senior management
- Highly motivated with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively produce procedural documentation and communicate with senior management.
- Ability to seamlessly communicate complex technical issues to non-technical colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project skills
- Financial Services or Banking industry experience
- Project / Change Management certification such as PRINCE2, PMP etc.
- Experience with JIRA, Smartsheet, SharePoint, Confluence and Office 365 suite
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.