Senior Project Manager
About the opportunity Department Description
The Business change team supports a range of programmes at a strategic level for Global Advisory & Platform business. The team manages multiple programmes of change for Workplace Investing (WI) platform, Retail (FNW & PI) Global regulatory and Client Experience. Purpose of your role
A key role managing business readiness across a number of initiatives/projects with a complex portfolio of change across the UK WI business. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Supporting the team in the day to day smooth running of the change portfolio
- Supporting the portfolio prioritisation process , ensuring timely presentation to senior stakeholders to agree the order of project delivery
- In addition to formal communication responsibilities, managing and influencing stakeholders via appropriate communications and relationships
- Providing services such as planning, scheduling, quality management, resourcing, risk assessment and project/ programme reporting. Specifically:
- Gathering and challenging information and documenting programme status information for reporting to steering committees and other key business stakeholders
- Proactively managing the programme issues and risks register and driving through issue resolution and risk mitigation. This may entail detailed analysis of specific risks or issues.
- Supporting workstreams in the creation of project plans, possibly and ensuring their fit with the overall programme's goals and timelines
- Proactively identifying dependencies and gaps in the programme, and taking ownership of them through to a successful conclusion
- Dealing with Change Requests, including taking ownership of them, facilitating impact assessments, leading communications around them and seeing them through to closure
- Assisting the programme/ project manager with budget management as required
- Delivery and results focused
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to establish a strong rapport, communicate and influence at all levels
- An ability to absorb information quickly and from multiple sources, assess and use effectively to meet role and programme objectives
- Skilled planner, able to focus on the key goals and manage path deviations creatively and with minimum confusion
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient oral and written skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Promote teamwork and demonstrate best practices on delivery of service, both internally and externally
- Flexible and positive attitude - with "can-do" approach, a self-starter that "can think on your feet"
- Excellent team player
- Disciplined and conscientious approach
- Dynamic attitude with a strong desire to improve and make things happen
- Able to work in a fast moving, dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Recognised Project Management Certification (not mandatory)
- Must have Change Management experience, with hands-on experience of a range of change management roles and business areas being desirable
- Knowledge of project methodologies including Agile & Waterful type project/ programme management and control tasks, for example complete project reporting and project documentation. Must have experience of project planning, project reporting and the active management of project risks and issues, and quality management
- Analytical and logic skills, particularly the ability to think through the impact of change (on the organisation as well as our customers)
- Experience of process modelling, workshop facilitation and business analysis
- Negotiation and facilitation skills, including the ability to interact with senior stakeholders and the ability to find common ground and resolution
- Intermediate PowerPoint skills
- Intermediate MS Project skills
About you About Fidelity International
- Familiarity with front-to-back office asset management functions
- Familiarity with technology and operational architecture concepts, and the software development lifecycle
- Functional knowledge of operations and associated technology
- Familiarity with testing approaches and implementation
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.