EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
PTS is a global team of 1200+ employees, providing clearing, margining, brokerage and reconciliation operations and technology support from sixteen locations including; New York, Chicago, Raleigh, London, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney and India.
This role is part of FIS Derivatives, Managed Service Platform Change and is responsible for delivering large scale projects including, process re-engineering, process automation, system implementation, business growth, client driven change requests.
• Program Management / Governance - Independently oversee delivery of a set of large, complex projects. Seek stakeholder engagement, draft business cases, estimate scope / size / cost, prepare plans, and oversee project execution.
• People Management - Build, develop, and lead a team of Project resources. Set well-defined, measurable objectives for team members and continuously evaluate performance against objectives.
• Client Management - Handle client requirements and translate them into Technology and Operational deliverables. Develop a strong partnerships that focuses on being a trusted advisor to the clients of the Derivatives Utility.
• Leadership & Innovation - Drive the definition of standard Utility solutions, both within the organization and the industry.
The Senior Project Manager has delegated responsibility to run programs on a day to day basis within the scope and powers agreed by the respective steering committees. The key responsibility of the Senior Project Manager is delivery of the required project deliverables, within the specified time frame, within the specified cost and to the required quality level, as well as ensuring that the Project delivers the benefits presented in the business case. This position will be based in London and reporting directly to the Director, Transformation & Change Management
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure appropriate accountability for delivery of project workstreams.
• Drive proactive management and resolution/mitigation of issues and risks; actively manage dependencies with other work.
• Lead resource forecast generation and discussions with an aim to optimise usage of resources across projects.
• Review and approve project plans, estimates and budget requirements.
• Develop and implement project management standards, including a standardised methodology, process and tools for effective project management across the organisation.
• Develop and manage project policies, procedures, templates and other shared documentation.
• Monitor compliance with project management standards, policies and procedures.
• Drive the definition of standard Utility solutions, both within the organization and the industry.
• Drive post-implementation benefits realization.
• Represent FIS on project steering committees, both internal and external, facing off against project sponsors. Ensure timely, accurate and effective communication with project teams, clients, senior management and other stakeholders in these forums and throughout the engagement.
• Coach, mentor and train project managers.
• Substantial professional experience and proven delivery track record of working as a Project Manager in a fast-paced, multi-project environment with senior management face-offs and responsibility for resource management and project financials.
• Knowledge of programme/project management methodologies with in-depth knowledge of at least one methodology.
• In depth functional understanding of exchange traded derivatives and cleared OTC derivatives business processes and trade flows.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats to different levels of seniority internally; external individuals, organisations and agencies.
• Fostering an open environment with constructive problem-solving and proactive issue and risk management.
• Strong client presentation skills.
• Experience of working with senior management.
• Teamwork and working effectively with a global teams.
• Experience working with GMI
• Expert user of Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel and Office.
• Ability to analyze problems and produce a range of options to arrive at preferred solution.
• PMP or Prince2 certification.
• High level understanding of common Technology platforms used in derivatives middle and back office processing
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.