My client, a leading UK Investment management organisation, are looking to hire within their product strategy & development team.
- Manage the delivery of an AUM and revenue generating product proposition strategy that ensures the needs and expectations of identified customer groups are met, complies with industry regulations and mitigates any potential operational and legal risks to which the business might be exposued to.
- Manage the design and delivery of product initiatives to agreed timescales and budgets, keeping key stakeholders aware of progress and highlighting matters for resolution as appropriate. To ensure all product developments (including launches, amendments and closures) are innovative and drive clear customer outcomes, whilst being delivered in a compliant and timely way.
- Maintain a strong awareness of relevant market activity and work closely with product team colleagues to develop specific visions and strategies that contribute to the future strategic direction of the business. To interface with other internal business areas and external third parties to present, discuss and agree product plans and initiatives both internally and externally to clients and partners and present as required more generally in the industry market place to ensure continuation of market leading status.
- Manage the definition, development and delivery of a strategy to ensure products are launched and maintained according to the Product Development Model and the Product Lifecycle Management framework so that the needs of the customers are met and in line with Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy, whilst providing a clear audit trail that can be maintained by the fund governance team.
- Undertake regular analysis of customer, industry and regulatory activity, considering where strategic changes may be required affecting our existing products and propositions and to drive through necessary enhancements, developments and changes, providing business cases where necessary to justify expenditure and thereby ensuring the maintenance of a market leading product proposition.
- To work with other members of the Product Strategy &Development team to provide input to the planning stage/product proposal to identify the demand, design and impact of a new initiative.
- Work with corporate relationships as directed to positively promote products and funds, to identify solutions and maximise the opportunities from new and existing fund and product solutions. To provide detailed product and propositional input at strategic and other key client meetings and in appropriate internal meetings.
- Keep abreast of industry and competitor innovations in the Product space, as well as legislative changes through UK’s IA (or local market equivalent), HMRC, global ‘product related’ regulations and corporate relationships to identify consequential product development activity.
- Develop close working relationships with influencers throughout to resolve barriers to the achievement of agreed business critical objectives either internally or externally with clients or intermediaries.
- To review issue status, prioritise and drive through the changes required, making extensive use of negotiation skills, personal expertise and own contact network to achieve the required outcome.
- To supply technical expertise to internal stakeholders about product structures and processes, attend internal product governance committees as required, and ensure existing products remain appropriate, compliant and legal for the market by co-ordinating changes to existing product structures.