Senior Product Strategy Manager
Who we're looking for
An experienced individual with deep insights into the strategic trends in asset management who enjoys collaborating across the business and working within a high-performance team environment. This is a senior role working to define our product range through a focus on client demand and gap analysis, and driving key initiatives of our product strategy across the firm. The individual should be passionate about client-led and data-driven approaches with a track record of catalysing action and leading others.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
The Product Strategy team sits within the overall Product division and is responsible for shaping the firm's product offering and driving innovation to ensure alignment with client needs and the anticipated investment landscape. It is responsible for setting the overall product strategy, defining the product range, identifying opportunities, and working closely with the Investment and Distribution divisions to evolve our strategies and help focus commercial activity. The team leads strategic product initiatives for the firm, owning the process from idea through to execution, working closely with the Product Development and Governance teams to own the full Product Lifecycle.
What you'll do
• Analyse client needs, competitive dynamics & the investment context-in collaboration with Distribution, Product, Investment colleagues-to define our product range
• Build a clear understanding of client needs by segment, and translate those into strategic recommendations to move the business forward
• Develop new, innovative product ideas to drive growth, and own those initiatives to help drive through the business towards execution
• Prioritise product activity
• Help to shape the team's data science platform as both internal and external data become a requirement in decision making around our strategic initiatives and ongoing management (Pricing decisions, Capacity management)
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Deep knowledge of the global asset management industry from a strategic perspective
• The ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
• Track record of building exceptional, firmwide relationships
• Highly data-driven approach using a variety of sources to back up ideas and build support
• Proactive team player
• Leads by example with a continuous improvement mindset
• Ability to use databases such as Morningstar, eVestment, Broadridge
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• CFA / progress toward CFA preferred and / or MBA / Advanced degree
• Experience in strategy or management consulting
• Experience with institutional clients and strategies
• Experience in sustainability, impact, and/or thematics
What you'll be like
• Respected thought leader
• A critical thinker with excellent analytical skills
• Highly curious and self-motivated
• Great at working with other people; sharing, influencing and communicating decisions
• Comfortable expressing a point of view
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
• Team player with strong work ethic
• Interested in & capable of developing high-performance individuals
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.