Asset Management Recruitment Specialist
An esteemed asset manager is looking to hire a proven Fixed Income / Credit Client Portfolio Manager. This role acts as the client-facing representative for Fixed Income strategies at the firm, including its public credit, structured credit, private debt, asset based debt and multi asset credit (MAC) capabilities. Working collaboratively with Business Development to professionally represent the Investment teams to clients, prospects and the wider investment community, you will support the generation and retention of client business. You must bring a ‘client-first’ mentality, a strong sense of ownership and a belief in an active, long-term investment philosophy.
The role will ensure existing FI products have the highest chance of success in the market, whilst also working with the Portfolio Managers to develop a pipeline of marketable future products. Internal support is focused on business development queries (i.e. client reports, marketing collateral, RFPs, etc.) so this role can prioritise client facing activities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Attend meetings with, and present to clients, prospects and consultants as appropriate on Fixed Income markets and the firm’s investment capabilities. This will include regular travel in the UK and overseas.
- Ensure clear and effective presentation of the different strategies, including the integration of ESG into the investment process. Demonstrate a sophisticated knowledge on investment strategy positioning and associated financial markets.
- Represent the Fixed Income investment teams at industry conferences, including the production of and delivery of relevant content
- Keep fully informed of and understand the performance of the portfolios, their underlying drivers, risks and issues, the philosophy, investment process and approach to ESG.
- Produce commentaries for the investment strategies covering market outlooks, portfolio activity, performance and ESG activity.
- Keep appraised of the dynamics of global credit markets and be able to discuss in depth with prospects, clients and internal stakeholders.
- Produce comprehensive meeting notes, maintain accurate and updated client information, ensure any action points are dealt with competently and promptly.
- Provide analysis of the firm’s market position and show a deep understanding of the competitive landscape. This will include updating the wider business on themes and notable market and portfolio developments.
- Create strategic and global messaging for Fixed Income and its various capabilities that the business development team can use to enhance business development activities.
- Supported by the FI Product Specialists, ensure effective maintenance of all creative output, reporting and client-specific data.
- Generate thought leadership pieces (take notes, PM updates) and analysis to promote the investment strategies in the market place.
- Proactively ensure the investment teams maximise time managing their portfolios.
Skills & Experience Required
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record representing investments, preferably with relevant experience across public credit, private credit, flexible solutions and sustainable/ESG coverage. This will likely be 10+ years of relevant client and investment experience working with a broad spectrum of global clients and distribution channels (institutional, wholesale, consultants, wealth manager, family office, multi-manager, etc.).
- Experience and specialised knowledge of European and Global public and private credit markets ,as well as ESG related investments as part of a broader market perspective would be preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of industry developments, market trends, products and techniques.
- Strong distribution channel expertise and client segment knowledge.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; the ability to convey and adapt complex messages powerfully and in a clear manner to clients and prospects of all types and levels of sophistication.
- Strong ability to forge internal working relationships, collaborating closely with other members of assigned investment teams, business development, and other support teams.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Aptitude to influence at all levels across functions to achieve commitment to agreed actions.
- Adept to be consultative and client-focused as well as results-driven, along with humility in approaching the role
- Cultivate and maintain a strong industry network through conference attendance, industry contacts, consultants, etc. to pursue selected new business leads.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to attend to multiples tasks and prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- Relevant qualifications (MBA, CFA, IMC) would be a strong advantage.
- Foreign languages would also be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to help shape the Fixed Income offering at a successful and growing investment management company.
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.