Senior Product Manager 12 month contract based in London
Senior Product Manager
12 month contract based in London
To manage the maintenance, governance and lead change aspects of Dublin-domiciled Fund Ranges for AMG's Global Product Ranges: HSBC Global Liquidity Funds, HSBC Global Funds ICAV, HSBC UCITS Common Contractual Fund, HSBC UCITS AdvantEdge and HSBC ETFs. This role has been designated at the relevant grade to represent a level of independence and responsibility that the role is required to take on to lead and own governance related projects/activities across the Irish domiciled Funds. The role will require close liaison with the Management Company and many stakeholders across the AMG Group and external participants and vendors to the Funds.
Regulatory oversight on the Irish ranges including the GLF, UCITS AdvantEdge, ETF, ICAV & and CCF platforms.
- In conjunction with the relevant Board and other delegated departments ensure platforms are in compliance with the UCITS regulations and various CBI circulars
- Keep abreast and proactively highlight any change in regulations assess its impact on the Irish platforms and potentially any cross over impact on the Luxembourg ranges.
- Manage all relevant requests including regulatory from the Mancos (HIFL & Carne) and coordinate the delivery of requirements within the business.
- Efficient and timely responses to the regulatory queries via management and oversight of the designated email address
Governance related projects
- To independently and with little supervision take on other business wide and more strategic initiatives and project work related to governance issues.
- Contribute and lead on ideas to streamline and make governance related processes more efficient within AMG.
- Draft and present proposals for senior AMG committees and Boards on governance related initiatives including enhancements to the FIM.
Board of Directors
- Co-ordinate with the relevant Domiciliary Agent, the preparation and collation of board papers.
- Enhance the inputs and overall efficiency of the Boards
- Agree timelines with the relevant Fund's board chairman an annual calendar of board meetings.
- Manage & co-ordinate the preparation and issue of other reporting to the boards
- Follow up and resolution of board queries.
- Support the Mancos in their oversight requirements.
- Ensure board compliance with the Central Bank's regulatory requirements
- Manage the financial statement preparation process. This includes liaising with the financial statement preparation teams in the Service Providers and managing the auditors.
- Registrations and Listings
- Support fund registrations
- Co-ordinate and maintain central register of fund registrations
- Respond to distributor queries.
- Maintain ETF listings and communication with various listing agents
- Manage translation of fund documentation
- Manage distribution of shareholder notices, AGM and EGM meetings
- Approve fund invoices for payment.
- Where required, to work with other teams to prepare for the proposed new fund launches.
- Where required, to work with other teams to perform financial modelling of service provider fees.
- Develop a working knowledge and capability to provide cover for Product Delivery resource within the team.
The role sits in a Product Governance team for Global funds (Luxembourg & Dublin ranges) and is a link between the AMG businesses and the Fund Boards. The role is exceptionally diverse and unique in terms of the types of work and the requirements needed to fulfil the function effectively with a broad collection of stakeholders to manage both internally and externally. In addition, the team are increasingly responsible for wider governance related matters and oversight for the local ranges with greater interaction with the product teams based in other AMG jurisdictions.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Previous experience of one, or more, of:
- Fund-based governance
- Company secretarial
- Fund registrations
- Fund-based stock exchange listing
- Minimum of three years financial services experience
- Graduate calibre
- Legal Background (preferably Irish Law)
- Company Secretary