Senior Product Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a Senior Product Manager for our Technology, Media and Telecommunications team. Our team delivers in-depth analysis and proprietary data on the constantly-evolving TMT space. Boundaries between sectors are blurring, so we cover them all and connect the dots in real time, tracking both quantitative impact and qualitative implications. Our research is relied on daily by global media conglomerates, technology start-ups and behemoths, social media companies, telcos, Internet media players, TV networks, and the financial community.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for contributing to the build out of multiple TMT products. The role holder will be a leader in the design and execution of tools, templates, and analysis while working in tandem with clients, prospects, and industry experts. The role holder will be tasked with seeking out, where needed, third party data to supplement existing data sets, products, and services.
The Impact: This role is key to ensuring the successful commercialization and adoption of our TMT expansion in EMEA, ensuring that our best-in-class story is told and understood in the marketplace.
The Career Opportunity: You will work with a team of individuals who have a track record of building and growing sustained business lines. For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to work with a team of people who prize entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and execution and work together to achieve common goals. This is an opportunity to lead a pivotal aspect of the business strategy and develop your fundamental Go-to-market capabilities.
The Team / The Business: The position resides within the TMT product management team within S&P Global Market Intelligence. As a member of the team, you will work closely with team members across the globe. The members of your extended team will include people from sales and account management, client support, marketing, research, as well as many other product and platforms teams whose expertise contributes to the overall Technology, Media and Telecommunication solution.
Our Hiring Manager Says: This person would have strong project management skills, a commercial inclination and enjoy getting out into the marketplace to tell the story of our Technology, Media and Telecommunications Solution. I am looking for someone who is influential with the ability to take ownership in this role and guide a cross functional team to support our strategic efforts. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on experience and contact with customers and prospects. Your ability to lead in a collaborative manner and communicate the go-to-market strategy makes you the right fit for this role.
- Synthesize ideas from internal business leaders, customer usability studies, end user feedback and competitive/market intelligence and shape them into powerful platform enhancements with a focus on return-on-investment.
- Providing high-level analytical expertise to S&P clients and internal Sales and Project Development teams
- Increase market penetration through on-site visits with clients and prospects
- Influence product development by providing feedback to business managers on use demand, market practices and product enhancements.
- Building consensus and justifying product recommendations in terms of client workflow/need, usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business goals
- Developing and executing on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch
- Identify multiple avenues for market development, including marketing channels, speaking engagements, partnerships in the marketplace
- Product Management experience, specifically in the TMT industry, is preferred
- A bachelor's degree is required; preferred areas include: Economics/Finance/Business
- Strong user experience sensibilities and a desire to discover and fulfill user needs
- Experience executing on go-to-market strategies
- Experience with financial and/or TMT industry research products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong prioritization, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills are required
- History of teamwork and proven ability to deliver results
- Must have the ability to work within a group, and to collect and interpret stakeholder feedback.
- Knowledge of agile/scrum
S&P Global Market Intelligence is the ultimate resource for complete financial intelligence on the broad and dynamic TMT sector, including the cloud, cyber security, semiconductor, broadcast, cable, television, motion picture, telecom, wireless, satellite, and new media industries. The S&P suite of products integrates comprehensive data, expert analysis and breaking news into an electronic database that is available online and updated around the clock.