Senior Product Designer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Product team. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
The UK Product Team is seeking a talented UI / UX Product Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences. The ideal candidate will have expertise in user-centered design, user research and knowledge of product design & prototyping techniques. You will be responsible for all stages of design for Funding Circle customers, and enjoy working with stakeholders, engineers and product managers to create simple solutions that solve complex problems for the user.
- Gathering user and business requirements for design briefs
- Producing hi-fidelity responsive screen designs from sketches to fully functional prototypes to test
- Putting users at the centre of a design to make it simple, easy to use and look great
- Presenting the stages of the design development process to business users
- Working closely within a multidisciplinary team, including web developers and programmers
- Briefing your designs to engineering and product development teams
- Ensuring our apps comply with web standards, the law and equal opportunities policies
Why join us?
- Extensively experienced in designing engaging user experiences across multiple devices and platforms, with a detailed understanding of design best practices and industry design patterns.
- Sensitive to user experience, strong user intuition with the desire to test those assumptions.
- Fluent in using creative and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC and Principle.
- A strong communication skills and an ability to direct and establish best practices within the team and to present your findings and reasons behind your design decisions & concepts.
- Adept of latest device/platform/browser limitations and capabilities.
- Experienced working within brand guidelines, design pattern libraries and design systems
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.