Senior Product Controller
- £75000 - £85,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Our client a top tier Investment Bank based in the City is looking for a Senior Product Control team member to cover the Control and Analytics function for the fixed income, Credit business, based in London.
- Detailed understanding of the product flows, trade bookings and accounting treatments.
- providing support in detailed investigations on reconciliation activities performed by the Production team.
- Daily interaction with Front Office in agreeing that reported p&l and decomposition is in line with expectations, reviewing estimate to actual analysis performed by the Production team.
- Engagement in the process to ensure appropriate oversight and review is taking place in Product Control.
- Review and sign off monthly account attestation process, including preparation of Regional Attestation Committee results.
- Agree all Prelim to Final P&L adjustments with Front Office.
- Accountability for compliance with the main Finance Standing Order, including Large Day 1 P&L escalation, decomposition unexplained breach reporting
- Responsible/accountable for book static data and market data snap issues.
- Responsible/accountable for New Business Committee engagement
- Involvement in key change management projects to deliver improvements to our daily processes
- Ensuring immediate supervisor is kept adequately appraised of pertinent issues and developments.
- To ensure PC remains and is seen to be an independent control function
- Work very closely with the P&L production function based in offshore to ensure a seamless delivery to Front Office
To be considered for this role you should have a recognised accounting qualification ideally. Looking for a candidate with solid product control experience, gained within a banking/trading environment and ideally within a Fixed Income asset class. Able to identify areas of procedural and control weakness and to design robust and automated solutions that dovetail neatly into a fully reconciled Balance Sheet.