Senior Product Analysis and Design Specialist
Company & Team - "About Us"
IHS Markit's Global Markets Group (GMG) provides market intelligence, data, and technology solutions to all participants in the Global Markets.
This team is responsible for building next-generation solutions for cross-asset primary issuance workflows for institutional investors, investment bankers and issuers. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
As a Product Owner, will have an opportunity to join a high performing team responsible for building next-generation electronic order management, book building, data feed, and compliance tools for institutional investors, investment bankers and issuers. You will be exposed to multiple IHS Markit teams and programs looking to integrate with the solution and influence requirements. You will build expertise on IHS Markit's technology stack and the nuances of cross-asset primary market workflow.
We look for an entrepreneurial spirit, a close attention to detail, and a natural comfort turning complexity into order. You will help manage an agile development team. Your analytical and project management skills will be of immediate and ongoing value to the team. This is an excellent opportunity for a Product Owner to develop industry knowledge within a fast growing, global financial technology organization.
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Develop a deep understanding of our industry and clients
- Ask the "Why" and use industry experience to define the best fit solutions i.e. the "What"
- Write user stories to define new application features and workflows
- Collaborate with developers, product owners/managers and stakeholders to refine requirements
- Execute sprints, adhering to definitions of Ready and Done and assuring quality
- Participate in and help continuously improve our agile software development process
- Provide occasional client service and end users with product assistance and troubleshooting
- Develop an understanding of our internal data model
- Build deep partnership with Test team members to assure high quality
- Participate in cross-program collaboration on new initiatives
- Contribute to and maintain product documentation - functional Spec, user guide, training materials, etc.
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 6-8+ years of product analysis experience
- Experience with detailed requirements gathering in complex domains
- Experience with data analytics, reporting and API requirements gathering
- Finance, capital markets, electronic trading, investing interest/experience a plus
- Familiarity with agile product development lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Utilize analytical tools to develop workflow, cross functional and process flow diagrams
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with developers and project stakeholders
- Individuals who are self-motivated, take initiative, and welcome the challenge of problem solving
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task projects of short, medium, and long-term time ranges
- Flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team as a participant and leader
- Collaborate and work well within multiple organizational and functional departments
- Technical curiosity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Cash incentive plan
- Broad range of benefits
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.