Senior Portfolio Manager, Vice President
Who we are looking for
As a Senior Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible in managing portfolios with a specific focus on overlays for large institutional clients in EMEA and you will report to the head of the EMEA team.
Your primary goal will be to deliver the outcomes and investment results our clients expect from us. You will be more specifically involved in using listed and OTC derivatives instruments (futures, options, swaps, forwards) and / or physical exposures (ETFs and more traditional mutual funds). This will involve the implementation of changes to clients' portfolios in liaison with the client themselves, your team, the SSGA trading desk and as required other investment team specialists of SSGA.
In addition to day-to-day activity, we expect you will be involved in improving the investment process and developing existing or new investment strategies.
You are also expected to represent the investment strategies internally and externally to clients and consultants.
You are well organized and capable to get along with other teams in support areas including technology business operations, performance measurement, investment reporting, investment risk teams and trade operations. Why this role is important to us
The ISG team regroups 50 investment professionals globally with 10 located in EMEA and runs $200 bn of assets and exposures. We are looking to hire a senior portfolio manager in London.
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Managing day to day portfolios in line with their risk targets and investment objectives, with a particular focus on listed and OTC derivatives
- Developing new investment ideas and their implementation
- Providing meaningful market insight and positive contribution to the investment process
- Working closely other investment teams as required
- Participate to business development and promoting our capabilities in EMEA
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work in a small-medium size team
- Collaborating with the Strategy & Research team to improve and develop models and tools used by the team to evaluate assets, construct portfolios and make recommendations for clients' portfolios and funds.
- Testing system developments to improve the control environment
About State Street What we do.
- The role will be prone to a regular recertification with the FCA under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR)
- CFA Charterholder preferred.
- Command of French
- Good communication / presentation skills in order to work with clients/prospects and ability to articulate sophisticated investment concepts to a broad range of audiences
- Understanding of advanced financial theories with a pragmatic knowledge of quantitative and statistical tools
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of front office tools (Bloomberg, Charles River)
- Positive personality with a strong team orientation
- Tangible and successful experience in portfolio management.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers