Senior Petroleum Economist/Fiscal Modeller
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit UK
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Petroleum Economist / Fiscal Modeller to join our flagship Vantage product. As a member of our Vantage asset valuation team, you will develop oil and gas assets’ specific models, techniques and capabilities for valuations of upstream and midstream investments.
Vantage provides detailed valuation analysis for upstream oil and gas assets in a powerful online platform. Leveraging the same proprietary IHS Markit exploration and production data and industry intelligence used by geology teams, Vantage values assets through engineered workflows, for both conventional and unconventional global assets with forward-looking production.
- Act as a subject matter expert of fiscal, economic and financial analysis of upstream assets and related midstream segments. Develop stand-alone project level as well as portfolio and company level consolidated models. Ensure that the breadth and coverage of IHS Markit fiscal models covers all types and locations of properties as assigned. Provide advice on functionalities that should be extended to provide high quality fiscal analysis of international assets.
- Work in close co-operation with Vantage content experts and provide directions as required with regards to understanding of what type of results and analysis the customers want to see.
- Provide expert support to business development / sales, management and Vantage colleagues for marketing of Vantage, securing and retaining clients. Be the go-to person for international fiscal analysis with thought-provoking, qualitative and quantitative deliverables in the form of excel based models, written reports and client facing events. Interact with clients through answering inquiries and delivering presentations.
- Ensure that deliverables provide high-quality client-specific analysis. Respond to clients’ deliverables-related questions of various complexity in assigned geographical regions by providing deep subject matter expertise and timely insight and judgement to address questions and/or refer questions to senior level staff in a timely manner to provide customer delight in situations of one-on-one client needs.
- Continuously develop expertise in a particular/designated practice or focus area and expand knowledge into related fields/disciplines by actively contributing to above listed activities and pursing activities/work in various disciplines and staying abreast of current/hot topics and contributing to written/published products to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should demonstrate:
- At least a bachelor’s degree or studies towards a chartered qualification in economics, finance, tax, accountancy or law is essential; first degree in a technical / numerical discipline would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry and with ether oil and gas operator, consulting, advisory, or financial institution.
- Extensive hands on experience of building Excel based fiscal models for valuation of oil and gas upstream and midstream assets.
- Highly numerical and analytical with expert level proficiency in Excel and VBA coding; knowledge of other programming languages will be an advantage.
- Expert level working knowledge of oil and gas upstream fiscal terms, principals of tax consolidations and valuation techniques.
- Expert level knowledge of petroleum economics, international petroleum contracts, corporate finance and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of / experience with oil and gas industry economic modelling tools is a plus.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.