Senior Performance Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BP Plc.
- 03 Apr 19
The in-house investment manager BP Investment Management (BPIM) is a 100% subsidiary of the BP Pension Trustee (BPPT). BPIM manages the listed equity, property and private equity investments of the BP Pension Fund. Asset managers external to BP oversee investments in asset classes such as fixed income and derivatives.
The BPIM MI and financial reporting team is responsible for performance, valuation and financial reporting and analysis across the whole Pension Fund as well as reporting for the BPIM corporate entity. You will be in a multi-faceted role, with primary responsibilities in the performance analysis and reporting space, however, this position also has a strong commercial focus across the whole business involving interaction with portfolio managers, senior stakeholders of the fund, external fund managers and suppliers as well as driving value for money within BPIM and the scheme. As such it would suit you if you have a strong performance analyst background looking to expand skillsets into a broader view of the asset management industry.
You will report into the MI and Financial Reporting Manager who reports to the Head of Finance & Operations. As Senior Performance Analyst you will work closely with the MI Financial Analyst and the Fund Accountant who also report to the MI and Financial Reporting Manager. Occasionally you, along with the Fund Accountant will be required to provide cover for the MI and Financial Reporting Manager.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced performance analyst looking to expand their skill set outside of the performance space within the investment management industry whilst also being provided an opportunity to re-shape and transform the performance reporting function in a dynamic and ever changing environment.
BPIM manages directly most of the Fund’s growth assets and is responsible for finance and operations activities for all the Fund’s assets as defined within the FOSA (Finance and Operations Service Agreement).
- Effective internal and external stakeholder management within BPIM including equity portfolio managers, Research and Process manager, Head of BPIM, 3rd party fund administrator, external fund managers and the Trustee executive team
- Lead on development and ongoing provision of a streamlined and robust end to end performance analysis and reporting service which will involve from the outset reconciliation of data between different systems (Factset & accounting and performance data) used to produce daily performance and attribution analysis and recommend and implement changes to systems and processes whilst looking to add value in line with industry best practice
- Oversight and analysis of fund accounting and performance reporting produced by the 3rd party Fund Administrator on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Provision of insightful MI (performance, valuation and fund expenses) to portfolio managers and trustees to support key decision making within the business
- Support the budgeting and cost control process for the BPIM corporate entity and determination of associated investment management fee accruals
- Supporting statutory accounting process, regulatory reporting and audits for the BP Pension Fund and BPIM corporate entity
- Ensure that queries received by the team are understood clearly and resolved to a high standard of quality
- Prior experience working within the fund management industry within a performance analyst role
- Ability to deliver with minimum supervision and act on your own initiative
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable business partnering skills via effective internal and external stakeholder relationship management
- Mastery of technical performance analysis and calculation methodologies and their impacts on performance reporting.
- Able to challenge current processes and standards and to develop new standardised techniques or approaches to improve the efficiency of the processes.
If this role is of interest and you are keen to find out more, apply now!