Senior Operations Specialist, Change The Bank- SFTR Business Analyst - AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
See job description for details
This is an exploratory requisition for expressions of interest in future roles and opportunities.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Role and Responsibilities
We are now recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst within the Meet Future Obligations Securities Finance Transaction Regulation (SFTR) project team
The role offers the opportunity to engage with various groups within the Firm including Operations, Business Units, Risk and IT to ensure delivery of business requirements specific to transaction reporting under SFTR. In addition to driving business requirements there are also a number of other initiatives linked to this project that will need to be undertaken.
This is a challenging and rewarding role offering the candidate the opportunity to work on a high focus project. The candidate will need to be able to understand and articulate the differences between Securities Finance Transactions and their related operational processes and technologies, have an appreciation of the wider regulatory landscape and be able to define, identify and deliver strategic solutions for controls and problem resolution. The candidate will also need to be able to work with and get the best from all levels of the organisation.
- Work with stakeholders across the product lines in order to deliver detailed business requirements. Be point person for collation of requirements and subsequent sharing and obtaining of sign offs.
- Work with stakeholders and technology to define testing approach and strategy and help execute this strategy during test phases of project
- Working with technology partners to define the functional and technical design to support business processing requirements across transaction reporting technology and upstream business technology
- Collaborate with Management to ensure common standards and best practice are implemented within the European region and globally
- Work with the Project lead to ensure delivery throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Track and communicate project status to wider team and management
- Collaborate with the Project team on test plan development, design test strategy and manage the UAT process
- Develop an effective network of stakeholders to facilitate easy integration of changes quickly
- Ability to interact and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of the trade lifecycle and the various downstream user requirements of trade and financial data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for tasks
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented and ability to adhere to strict timelines
- Proficient in MS-Excel, MS-Word & MS-PowerPoint
- Understanding of Regulatory Transaction Reporting from any other regimes e.g. MiFID, EMIR
- Business Analysis experience
- Significant experience in the finance industry in a change environment
- Experience and/or understanding of Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR)
- Experience of/with specific Securities Finance Transaction (e.g. Repo, Securities Lending, Margin Lending)
- Knowledge of project management and change management principles
- Knowledge of MS suite of products including Power point, Share point etc.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.