Senior Operations ManagerOverview
The primary purpose of the Senior Operations Manager is to ensure that the day to day processes performed by Operations personal and Third Party Administrators are performing effectively, within a controlled and regulated environment, as well as providing customers with a first-class level of service.
About the role
This will involve working extensively with internal departments within the Octopus Investments and any third party administrator to implement new procedures, oversee the current day to day operational procedures, and monitor the delivery of these procedures against the agreed and documented Service Levels. Management and responsibility for the day to day running of the Back and Middle Operations Teams covering settlements, Corporate actions, Income processing, regulatory reporting, ISA Administration, Reconciliations, Cash Management, Client Administration functions within Octopus Investments reporting to the Head of Operations.
- Management of the Operations Teams of Octopus Investments Limited in line with CASS rules for client money and assets.
- Settlement of Quoted and Multi manager products
- Corporate actions both stock and dividend payments
- Regulatory reporting
- Oversee dealing functions within Operations teams
- Eliminating manual workarounds, implementing single processes as much as possible,
- Process cash withdrawals. Via Cheque/BACS/Chaps Payments
- Income runs
- Run Direct Debit processes
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with procedures.
- Ensuring that the initial funds received from the client are applied to the client account and that any initial fees are processed correctly and within agreed timelines
- Client and Adviser Static data
- Trail fee calculations and processing
- Valuation process
- AML,PEP and Sanction checks
- Compliance with FSA requirements and rules (Client Money, Systems and controls and client assets)
- Compliance with other bodies rules (PTM etc)
- Regulatory reporting (Section 18, ISA,SIPP etc)
- Staff reviews every 6 months
- Team member development
- Monthly development discussions
What you'll need to be successful:
- Industry experience in a similar role
- Strong People Manager and hands on team player
- Customer focused
- Ability to redesign and improve existing processes
- Knowledge of the CASS rules and other regulations that impacts our industry
And to really stand out from the crowd:
- Adaptable and flexible
- Works well under pressure and can conform to tight deadlines
- Well organised with excellent problem solving skills.
Our values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone to shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal : we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious : we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are : and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.