Senior Operational Risk Manager
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
The Senior Operational Risk Manager will operate the operational risk management framework to identify, assess, monitor and report the operational risks the bank faces. Maintain the framework in line with evolving regulatory requirements and identify operational risk through continual cyclic process which includes risk assessment, risk decision making, and implementation of risk controls, which results in acceptance, mitigation, or avoidance of risk. Implement a set of risk parameters to support the business units in the management of operational risk. The primary focus will be Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR) and providing support for the Head of BCM during absences.
ICBC Standard Bank Plc was formed in February 2015 when Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC) acquired a 60% stake in Standard Bank Plc. As a result, a compelling strategic platform was formed, one that benefits from a unique Chinese and African parentage and an unrivalled global network and level of expertise.
As a leading financial markets and commodities bank we connect our clients to opportunities in both developed and emerging economies and use our distinct competitive advantage to help our clients achieve their objectives.
ICBC Standard Bank is driven to deliver the right outcomes for our stakeholders, clients, counterparties and the markets in which we operate. We deliver products in an environment which considers the appropriate needs of our clients, whilst providing guidance and expertise to ensure our employees understand our business and uphold the highest levels of conduct. We want passionate and talented individuals who are motivated by high growth potential being achieved in doing business the right way.
Headquartered in London, ICBC Standard Bank Plc also has operations in Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, New York, and Tokyo.
With primary focus on IT and HR:
• Proactively seeking out ways to improve the operational risk framework. Advise business units regarding effective methods to develop and implement risk identification processes that incorporate internal and external business environment, integrates key risk indicators, business process changes and loss experience to effectively monitor risk in accordance with established operational framework and methodologies
• Facilitating Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA) by Risk Owners. This will include running risk assessment workshops with various business areas and support functions, and consolidating the results into operational risk maps
• Collecting and analysing operational incidents to ensure that relevant lessons are learnt; agreed action plans monitoring and escalating the issues to the management attention when necessary
• To provide independent assurance of the effectiveness of the control environment, and the appropriateness of operations controls & processes. Advise on likely effective control approaches and mitigation activities
• Building strong relationships with relevant business areas to be aware of business developments and their impact on the operational risk profile.
• Building strong relationships to work with Op Risk colleagues in other locations
• Create and develop strategic reporting for executive/senior management and regulators. Monitor and report on both the enterprise and business lines risk status and effectiveness of changes to the control environment
• Work with the business to articulate Operational Risk Appetite for their business unit
In conjunction with the Head of Operational Risk, facilitate BCM in the event of a Business Continuity incident when the Head of BCM is absent.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Experience working in investment banking services
• Experience in IT Risk preferable
• ISACA, CISSP or ITIL qualification (or equivalent)
• Exposure to the performance of operational risk identification / assessments and the identification of setting of risk indicators