Senior Officer, Payroll
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Senior Officer, PayrollRequisition ID
VP, Human Resources & Corporate Services
Dept. / Bus. Group
HR Operations - Payroll HQ
Posting End Date
** THIS IS A SHORT TERM CONTRACT POSITION UNTIL 31st DECEMBER 2019 **
The HR Operations team is responsible for managing the processes and tasks required to support the 'lifecycle events' of employees e.g. joining, leaving the Bank, payroll, mobility and benefits. The team manages the international payroll of over 2,000 staff in London and the Bank's Resident Offices as well as administering our retirement plans, benefits and our international assignments. The team also process over 14,000 transactions, add over 350 new joiners to SAP and manage a payroll bill of £160M each year.
The role interacts with a wide cross-section of staff at all levels and all departments within the Bank. The role is expected to provide high quality advice to internal and external clients on any issues that may arise and respond to queries promptly and efficiently.
Purpose of Job
The Senior Officer, Payroll is accountable for the consistent execution of the Bank's HR pay and benefits policies and procedures. The Senior Officer, Payroll will tackle the majority of day-to-day operational issues in collaboration with the Assistant Analyst, Associate, and Principal, Head of HR Operations.
The Senior Officer, Payroll is output driven and must work within strict deadlines to ensure that these are met. The role is primarily focussed on the administration of all payroll and benefit related documentation. The Senior Officer, Payroll will also input and check information in the Bank's payroll system related to the employees' contractual terms and conditions and all relevant benefits.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Managing the administration and verification of all Benefit Claims, whilst providing advice and clarification on policies. Investigating anomalies, offering solutions and making judgement calls where necessary.
- Accountable for the data entered into SAP for new joiners as well as contractual and benefits changes for all staff to ensure that monthly payroll is run smoothly and all employees are paid correctly.
- Producing HQ and RO monthly payrolls following audit controls. Identifying errors and omissions and investigating to resolution. Create BACS and Swift files for transmission and clearing. Preparing of associated payroll recharges and journals.
- Providing multi-currency monthly reconciliations of payroll related accounts, including analysis of all payroll transactions to provide justification to Financial Controllers where necessary.
- Developing and supporting new and existing reports on a routine and ad-hoc basis.
- Working on an advisory capacity relating to policy changes, recommending and implementing enhancements to improve and support the process delivery.
- Liaising with a multitude of third party service providers such as medical insurance, retirement plan administrator and other benefit providers to deliver accurate monthly data. Monitor and review the accuracy and quality of their service provision and highlight any issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Proven professional international payroll experience, preferably gained in the financial services sector.
- Strong system skills including bespoke payroll applications.
- Experience of operating with excellent judgement in a demanding client facing role.
- Strong partnership, influencing, problem solving and client orientation skills to enable positive engagement with stakeholders throughout the Bank.
- Ability to act in a customer service orientated manner, responding flexibly and promptly to clients' needs using outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise judgement and deal discreetly with sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Ability to deliver detailed, accurate work within agreed tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Experience of working in a multi-national environment with a dispersed workforce.
- High level ability to be able to prioritise work and independently be solution orientated.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Payroll, ERP, Bank, Banking, SAP, Finance, Technology