This is a newly created 2nd line of defence position joining a mid-sized Operational Risk team to support with Operational Risk Policies across their business support functions. The team pride themselves on having a collaborative & down to earth culture and there is good opportunity for career progression and personal development.
- Oversee and challenge the transformation of the Operational Risk policies and procedures by working with stakeholders across the region
- Run a risk assessment of the business’s Enterprise and Operations Functions and identify emerging risks
- Understand, review and challenge the Enterprise Functions and Operations front line risk acceptances and new business initiatives
- Identify and escalate any conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes to business oversight leadership
- Influence appropriate risk management prioritization by the front line to enable the business to meet strategic objectives, while meeting operational risk program expectations
- Build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach by working in consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise
- Consult with wider senior management and regional stakeholders to drive a culture of Risk management
- Advise and challenge first line of defence relating to Operational Risk Controls
- Previous policy and framework implementation experience within 2nd line of defence Operational Risk is essential
- Strong ability to build relationships with key senior stakeholders and influence where required
- Proven ability to scope, manage and execute complex risk management initiatives with high quality and timely delivery
- Articulate with a demonstrated capability to organize, scope and execute complex initiatives across a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment
- Relevant experience across Corporate Functions within a Financial Services
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Anna Dunne at Twenty Group.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.