Senior Network Engineer - SDN / Cisco ACI - Cloud / Automation
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Man Group
- 13 Oct 17 2017-10-13
Senior Network Engineer (Design / Architecture/ Engineering) (Cisco Systems / SDN / "Cisco ACI" / Cloud / Automation) We are looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer with strong Cisco skills along with good scripting exp, or deally exposure to Cloud services and networking automation.
Senior Network Engineer (Design / Architecture/ Engineering)
(Cisco Systems / SDN / "Cisco ACI" / Cloud / Automation)
Are you an experienced Network Engineer looking for a role which will allow you to work with cutting edge technologies and across the latest innovations in Network Infrastructure covering Software Defined Networking (SDN), Cloud services and automation?
We are looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer with strong Cisco skills within the IT Infrastructure department at Man with financial experience and the controls and discipline that requires.
The team is responsible for the management of the global network and voice environments at Man. This includes, from a Network perspective, all routing and switching across a raft of products; Infoblox DDI, Proxy management, NAC, Citrix load balancers, Juniper and Cisco firewalls, VPNs and third party connectivity and Wifi.
The team perform day to day support and administration of each of these technologies as well as owning the architecture and design of the Infrastructure. The team is also responsible for all projects at Man for both team-led and also supporting group initiatives.
- Proven network architecture, design and engineering experience;
- Experience managing 2nd and 3rd line support of all of the above technologies
- Ensuring high availability of the Infrastructure and minimising the duration and impact of any outages.
- Ensuring smooth running of LAN/WAN, e.g. support for Level 2/ Level3, Switches, Routers, Load Balancing and Cloud Infrastructure
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests and changes
- Adhering strictly to Change Management / ITIL guidelines
- A background in supporting large financial enterprise environments;
- Sound Cisco routing knowledge: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, IPSec etc;
- Firewall technology including Cisco & Juniper Firewalls;
- Strong scripting experience;
- Experience with Cloud based projects and network automation tools
- Knowledge of the ITIL management framework and an understanding of how to apply this correctly in an agile, medium sized business;
- The ability to prioritise and manage projects, tasks and resources to deliver good results across the team;
- Good communication skills with IT staff, end users and VIPs up to CTO level.
- Technical knowledge and experience in more than one of the technology areas listed above;
- Ideally knowledge of Cisco Call Manager support experience;
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the finance industry and the various functions within a financial institution;
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) exposure such as Cisco ACI technologies.
- Python scripting;
- A desire to learn and understand more about the Business environment in which you work
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
Man Group also supports many charities and initiatives through the Man Charitable Trust, which aims to create positive change by supporting charitable organisations that focus on raising levels of literacy and numeracy in the UK and by offering employees opportunities to invest their time and expertise in charitable initiatives. Employees are offered two 'ManKind' days of paid leave per year that can be used as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme or in support of any other charity/not-for-profit organisation.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees' extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.
Man Group employees receive a daily food allowance, which can be used in our staff restaurant. The restaurant has several theatre-style cooking stations, a sandwich bar and a coffee shop (all of which can cater to special dietary requirements), and free fruit is available from the kitchens on each floor. We also have a subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme with a wide range of discounts, all of which help us to ensure that the firm is a great place to work.
In addition, Man Group sponsors the Man Booker literary prizes and hosts several internal events with the authors to celebrate these awards. The prizes underscore Man Group's charitable focus on literacy and education and together with the wider charitable activities of the Booker Prize Foundation, the prize plays an important role in promoting literary excellence on a global scale that the firm is honoured to support.