This is a senior position in the Network Engineering team of an exchange.
This is a senior position within an exchange, the scope of the role covers the following:
- Oversee successfully day-to-day operations of the European network
- Design, plan and implement network projects and new functionality
- Support layer 3 to 7 firewalls and integrate them into the core network
- Work with other teams such as Systems Engineering and DevOps to delivery bigger multiple team projects
- Network operations, design and implementation
- Work with other engineers and developers on delivering complicated projects
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of the overall Infrastructure and System architecture. Escalation point for NOC team on complicated issues Troubleshoot complex issues
- Be a part of setting a high standard for and continually evolve the European network.
- CCIE or equivalent level of knowledge of networking with specific emphasis on routing and switching
- Complex network design and implementation focusing on predictability, resilience and security
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP protocols and network troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of BGP
- L2 and L3 multicast networks, PIM, IGMP, design, operations and troubleshooting