Senior Model Validator - Traded Risks
As a Barclays Senior Model Validator - Traded Risks you will be part of the Traded Models IVU (Independent Validation Unit) team, and you will be responsible for the quantitative review and challenge across pricing models, market risk models, counterparty credit risk models and finance models. The overall scope of the IVU team covers the quantitative review and challenge of all models within Barclays.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
• Performing and documenting analysis and testing of market risk models and counterparty credit risk models
• Negotiating and agreeing workload prioritisation within the team as well as with other stakeholders
• Contributing toward the continuous improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of the processes that you are involved in, including discussion of overall team strategy
• Collaborating with other model stakeholders such as Front Office, Quantitative Analytics, Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk and Line Product Control
• Communicating clearly and concisely complex ideas and concepts to a range of audiences in a variety of circumstances
• Solving complex problems, both quantitative and qualitative in nature
• Performing and documenting analysis and testing of various model types What we're looking for:
• Experience in a Counterparty or Market Risk Model Validation and/ or stress testing
• Proven ability to understand several traded risk modelling approaches and their strengths and weaknesses, as well as performing and documenting quantitative testing and analyses
• The ability to conduct independent research and to quickly familiarise yourself with a variety of modelling problems and to conduct in-depth and rigorous analysis
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex ideas and concepts to a range of audiences in a variety of circumstances Skills that will help you in the role:
• MSc or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or Quantitative Finance; a PhD is beneficial
• Excellent mathematical skills, including in probability, statistics, differential and integral calculus, stochastic calculus, linear algebra and numerical methods
• Solid programming skills in languages/ packages such as Python, C++, or Matlab
• Related professional certification (CFA, FRM, CQF) is desired Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.