Senior Methodology & Market Development Partner
: London, Houston or Singapore Grade:
11 (for internal purposes only) The Team
: This is an outstanding opportunity to join the world's leading price reporting organization as it continues to develop its strong presence in the global commodity markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to commodities markets. Price Group is an integral part of the price assessment content team and collaborates across all functions within Platts globally. Mainly focused on price assessment methodology development and deployment, the group also manages participant access to our window price assessment processes and the dissemination of market reporting best practices. Many of Price Groups functions are designed to delivery on our governance model based on our Editorial Standards. The Impact
: thought leadership in market evolution, methodology change and development, maintaining the highest standards and integrity of Platts price assessments
- All aspects of methodology development including the conceptualization of new ideas, partnering senior management and regional teams that lead day-to-day market reporting and price assessment activities.
- Extensive external engagement supporting methodology research and development, issue resolution and strategic engagement programs.
- Collaboration with other colleagues in Price Group, particularly Operations and the Regional Best Practices team as well as other functional groups internally.
- Ensuring the methodology process is followed, and reviewing and approving updates as defined in Platts editorial standards
- Ensuring our methodology development and change is conducted in line with Platts governance model and is aligned with the IOSCO Principles for Price Reporting Agencies and the EBMR.
- Supporting the escalation and resolution of assessment complaints and where appropriate jointly approving corrections as defined in Platts editorial standards.
- Ensuring best practices across commodity groups .
- Responsible for driving market / methodology development regionally working with the senior leadership teams and regional content heads. Work closely with other methodology development specialists and price group operations to ensure alignment / share knowledge / ideas and resource projects efficiently.
- Advise and partner with the Sector heads and Senior management on market and methodology development / new markets .
- Engage with internal and external Stakeholders of methodology change process and collaborate with other functional groups such as BCQ, Product, Product Development, Sales and Marketing.
- Document key change procedures and processes around methodology development/change projects - aligned to editorial governance process.
- Presenting at conferences and other industry events as required particularly on price assessment methodology.
- Dealing with price assessment complaints, escalating to Sector head and Price Group colleagues as appropriate to ensure resolution.
- Jointly approving corrections as required in line with editorial standards .
- Act as sector escalation point/deal with price assessment complaints & escalate appropriately to ensure resolution. Jointly approve corrections as needed in line with editorial standards. Liaise and support MOC Operations PG review process when required.
- Working with the Regional training team mentoring frontline editors and explaining best practice.
- Contributing to news, analysis and other content where appropriate.
About S&P Global Platts
- Proven strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to influence across the organization
- Subject matter expert in commodities/trading/markets and the competitive landscape and specialized knowledge of at least one commodity sector.
- Degree educated (business, finance, economics, etc..) with 4+ years in pricing with a detailed knowledge of assessment methods and processes for executing changes to pricing methodology and the introduction of new pricing assessments
- Proven strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to influence across the organization.
- Strong presentation skills to present at industry events, professional associations and conferences
- Tenacity and the ability to gain buy-in to decisions and drive issues to completion
- Strong presentation skills to present at industry events, professional associations and conferences.
- Previous management experience and strong leadership ability which utilizes influence and promotes team collaboration and development as well as personal accountability
- Assertive with independent mind who operates with facts and pushes back with respect
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $83,200 to $172,800 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261321 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom