Senior Marketing Research Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- William Blake Consulting Ltd
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Our client, a leading global asset manager is looking for a technically sound Senior Marketing Research Analyst to join their Market Research team. The Senior Market Research Analyst is expected to develop client and market insights for Marketing, Relationship Managers, Executive Management and Investment Management to inform decision-making within an investments distribution business unit. The analyst is responsible for completing a variety of research projects to develop insights to identify market opportunities and deepen our understanding of the market.
- Research provides insights on opportunities to gather and retain assets within our target markets by analyzing the market environment, industry trends, engagement metrics, and deepening our knowledge of market segments, including market size, key drivers, selection processes, and preferences. The analyst independently prepares analysis and recommendations conducted through a quantitative and qualitative perspective and shares compelling rationale behind recommendations.
- The analyst is responsible for completing research projects, by understanding and verifying the objective and scope, defining the methodology and data sources, independently conducting analysis and recommendations, and using written and verbal communications to deliver insights. Throughout projects, the analyst will engage with key stakeholders to ensure the research meets its objectives, delivers the sought after benefits, and meets their deadlines.
- The analyst will use new and existing means to gather intelligence and conduct analysis, such as asset flow data, 3rd party research, internal CRM data, marketing metrics, etc. The quantitative analysis utilizes databases such as eVestment, Morningstar Direct, Lipper FERI, Mercer, etc. The analyst will engage with external market data firms to understand best practices, use cases, and ensure we are utilizing the capabilities appropriately.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis, models and reports to effectively monitor trends, industry changes, themes, correlations, competitive dynamics, marketing channels and strategic opportunities to assess and validate marketing strategy for each channel and geography
- Liaising with internal partners within the marketing team (brand, digital, events, PR) to identify and measure KPI for marketing strategy based on data currently available ensuring a joined-up approach
- Analyze general industry data and contribute insights and ideas to inform marketing strategy inform on marketing strategy
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience of data analytics within Market Research or Marketing
- Solid knowledge of core Marketing principles and Marketing metrics
- Experience building dashboards that combine metrics coming from multiple data sources, define and implement quality measures from the metrics
- Experience using third party data sources and measurements systems, as well as primary research (qualitative and quantitative techniques) to address business critical questions
- Experience developing recommendations for how data insights can be used to inform marketing strategy
- Fast, self-directed learner, familiar with digital marketing measurement such as email subscriptions, content engagement, downloads, web page views.
- University degree (preferably in Economics, Finance or Marketing)
- Prior research project management experience
- Software and Database skills - MS Office (particularly Excel), CRM, and Investments Databases, such as Morningstar Direct, Financial Clarity, eVestment , etc.
- Preferable: investment management firm experience, financial service or related industries
- A solid and successful track record of conducting analysis to support business decisions
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and creative problem solver