Senior Recruitment Consultant
Our client is a leading investment firm with a large and complex portfolio. Over half the capital is managed externally and the selection and ongoing monitoring of these external managers is one of their key activities. This role will be involved in the implementation of their external manager research and monitoring activities predominantly focused on Diversifying Strategies.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support/lead the monitoring of existing investments and selection due diligence on new investments in line with policies and mandate guidelines. This will include close collaboration with multiple asset class specialists
- Ensure monitoring and new investment due diligence processes are followed, including the recording of relevant documentation.
- Produce relevant quantitative analysis to supplement the qualitative due diligence process across existing and new investments. Deliveries may include portfolio opportunity set/strategy analysis, detailed manager and portfolio specific performance/risk analysis, peer groups etc.
- Produce relevant quantitative analysis to predominantly but not exclusively support the management of the Diversifying Strategies portfolio. To include exposure analysis, performance attribution, and other portfolio level analytics e.g. cash flows.
- Support/lead structured interactions (including face to face) with third-party managers and other counterparties on a regular basis. You will be expected to synthesise information and escalate key points/issues as appropriate to the relevant internal teams and committees
- Build relationships and liaise effectively with a range of internal teams including responsible investment, operational due diligence, risk, legal and others
Education & Qualifications
- Degree level educated preferably gained within a finance, economics or mathematics related discipline. Possession of post-graduate qualification or professional accreditation (e.g. MS, MBA, CFA or equivalent) is an advantage
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of fund/manager research with a focus on Diversifying Strategies (i.e. uncorrelated strategies such as Fixed Income Relative Value, Equity Market Neutral, Macro). Experience in evaluating and monitoring third party managers via both desk-based research and face to face interactions
- Strong working knowledge of Diversifying Strategies, capital markets and relevant fund manager universes. Existing professional industry network
- Proactive mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail orientation, problem solver, ability to synthesise data to make relevant and logical inferences
- Intellectually curious, desire to grow and develop knowledge within credit specifically but also across other asset classes and strategies
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted