Senior Manager Regime, Senior Manager
An excellent opportunity to join the EMEA Financial Management Group as a Senior Manager. The Financial Management Group houses Finance, Tax, Treasury and Corporate Affairs.
You will assist the EMEA Chief Financial Officer with the enhancement, implementation and maintenance of their Senior Managers Regime accountability obligations, including their 'Reasonable Steps'.
You will liaise with Risk Management Compliance to understand upcoming regulatory changes impacting the Senior Managers. In addition, you will conduct monitoring and assurance of compliance with Senior Manager Regime accountability obligations. You will also provide the Financial Management Group's senior management with performance reporting with respect to compliance with their accountability obligations.
You will have excellent organisational skills and will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop relationships across various stakeholders. Adhering to deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and quality, and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively is also essential.
As a Senior Manager reporting to the Financial Management Group's Global Regulatory Risk Lead you will:
- develop, enhance, implement and maintain frameworks to enable ongoing compliance with European senior executive accountability obligations (e.g. UK's Senior Managers & Certification Regime, Ireland's proposed Senior Executive Accountability Regime, and other regimes relevant to the Financial Management Group's senior leadership)
- harmonise frameworks and operating models supporting global senior executive accountability obligations applicable to the Financial Management Group.
- work with Risk Management Group Compliance in assisting the Financial Management Group with the implementation of regulatory change in EMEA
- work with the Risk Management Group Compliance to identify regulatory risks arising from the Financial Management Group EMEA activities and initiatives and provide insights and reporting to Financial Management Group senior management
- in conjunction with Risk Management Group Compliance, work with senior stakeholders in the Financial Management Group providing ad-hoc advice regarding regulatory risk best practices, interpretation and application of policies and regulatory requirements.
The role will have a dotted line to EMEA's Chief Financial Officer.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- ongoing enhancement, implementation, and maintenance of European senior executive accountability obligations as it relates to EMEA entity CFOs and the Financial Management Group's Senior Managers under the respective regimes
- working with peers to enhance and harmonise frameworks supporting global senior executive accountability obligations
- conducting monitoring and assurance of compliance with European senior executive accountability obligations in the first line
- providing the Financial Management Group's senior management with performance reporting with respect to compliance with European senior executive accountability obligations
- working with the Financial Management Group senior management to embed appetite for regulatory risks within the Financial Management Group, with due consideration of Macquarie's risk appetite and senior executive accountability regimes
- keeping up to date on global regulatory expectations and changes that impact the Financial Management Group in EMEA
- developing and providing input into policies designed to facilitate the Financial Management Group's compliance with applicable regulations and keeping the Financial Management Group appraised of changes to compliance policies.
You will be a strong performer and have the drive to find and deliver on opportunities to improve frameworks to identify and manage regulatory risk. In addition, you will have the innate ability to interpret, analyse and explain data to a broad range of stakeholders.
You will also have the following work experience and qualifications including: a bachelor's degree in either Law, Commerce, Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance or similar; 7+ years' financial services experience, regulatory risk preferred; strong understanding of regulatory risks; experience in risk management roles; be highlight organised; energised by the opportunity to build relationships and collaborate across the business and globe; focus on qualitative improvements to work / outcomes; and have a curious nature to gain a deep understanding of the businesses supported and to assist in the identification of risk areas.
If you are ready to join a global organisation and take your career to the next level, apply now online! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.