Senior Manager, Operational Risk - Sydney or London
This sought after position, overseeing Macquarie's Financial Management Group offers an excellent opportunity to apply your risk management skills and experience to implement and further develop Macquarie's Operational Risk strategy. You will work closely with senior Business and Risk Management executives across the group. Key Responsibilities
- Providing thought leadership, practical advice and education to businesses on operational risk management
- Reviewing new business initiatives ensuring that key operational risks are identified and managed and that appropriate stakeholders are engaged in the approval process
- Understanding the business risk profile and key processes and, where appropriate, acting as a catalyst for change. Ensuring that risk and control self-assessments reflect the risk profile of the businesses, are current and comprehensive
- Analysing incidents across the business, ensuring swift resolution, capturing lessons learnt and sharing them with other businesses
- Analysis and follow up of existing and emerging operational issues, including targeted projects or reviews
- Development of extreme loss event scenarios, including engagement with business experts used in the calculation of Operational Risk Capital
- Responding to requests from various stakeholders including regulators, auditors and Macquarie senior management
About the Risk Management Group
- Tertiary degree in Finance or related area. Relevant postgraduate degrees or professional qualifications (CA, CPA) or similar are desirable
- 5+ years' experience in Finance/Risk Management/Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit - experience gained within an international financial institution or professional services firm
- Analytical and lateral thinker with problem solving, consulting skills and an ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex situations. Comfortable interpreting and balancing commercial issues within the risk framework
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment in which Macquarie operates
- Superior interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with Senior Management and gain buy-in, trust and understanding; ability to influence and negotiate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to initiate and lead conversations with business leaders. Confident communicator, possesses strength of character to discuss risk management issues openly and firmly
- Tenacious, flexible, with proven ability to sustain high levels of performance in a fast-paced, output-focused environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team of specialists.
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.