Senior Manager, Operational Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
Senior Manager, Operational Management
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Provide direct support to Group COO's CAO, and Group Head of Operational management on an ad-hoc basis across all of their areas of responsibility, covering the HOST COO Office, as directed. This includes liaison with and direction of Senior & Executive Management across HSBC and creation of information for use at Executive Management forums
- Assist with the development across all areas of all Operational Management framework categories. Define necessary policies, processes, procedures, and tools for their implementation and management
- Work towards the execution of all areas of Operational Management categories
- Managing change, either internally or externally driven, on a continuous improvement basis
- Developing and executing communication plans, with Global Communications
- Providing robust financial planning, management, tracking and reporting, with Global Finance
- Ensuring appropriate governance is developed and implemented with robust documentation and supporting management
- Maintaining and continually reviewing organisational designs
- Developing and implementing people strategies, with Global HR
- Developing and implementing strategy
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
- Demonstrated business knowledge, such as experience of supporting a global P&L unit is preferred
- Strong understanding of HSBC structures, processes and objectives across the Group
- High level of personal drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across HSBC
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Managers across the business and HTS
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language to support problem analysis
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group
- Practical experience of contributing to business transformation activities
- Proven abilities in working across cultures
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 00009R09.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.