Tier 1 global publicly owned asset manager, managing a trillion dollar asset portfolio is in search of a Internal Audit Senior Manager (EMEA) to handle the firm's program of internal audits, consultations, and investigations for an assigned segment of the asset manager's business in order to evaluate the firm's effectiveness at identifying and managing risk. The position provides high-level support to the Head of Audit and assists in developing and delivering on overall audit strategy for the Internal Audit Department.
Strategic Planning and Risk Assessment
- Create and maintain a strategic audit plan for the assigned business units.
- Continually monitor and evaluate current events within the economy, industry, and organization from a regulatory, financial, and technological risk perspective.
- Work with peers in Risk, Legal and compliance to fully understand the current risk environment and emerging risks.
Communications with Business Unit Management and Senior Management
- Communicate audit findings to the business and influence the management team to adequately address the noted risks.
- Drafts and delivers audit reports on all projects completed by their team. These reports communicate the scope and objectives of the review and provide an opinion on the effectiveness of operational procedures and internal controls. Reports must convey the appropriate tone and provide the reader with the appropriate perspective regarding the materiality of any issues identified.
- Prepare and potentially present executive level summaries of completed audit projects and audit findings relevant topics to the firm's legal entity boards or the firm's Group audit committee.
Special Projects for Audit Committee and Senior Management
- Perform a variety of projects at the request of the Head of Audit, Audit Committee or Senior Management. The incumbent must assess these broad, enterprise-level requests and develop a workable scope and a project plan to ensure the effort is completed on time and at a level of quality to be presented to Senior Management. These projects typically focus on areas that are sensitive in nature, complex, and address new developments/regulations where no precedent exists.
- Improving the quality and productivity of staff through coaching, feedback, and counseling. This is accomplished by developing the staff’s written and oral communication skills and assigning them increasingly challenging projects as appropriate, thus preparing them for greater responsibility within the department and/or throughout the firm.
- Develop staff to meet their next career goal.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Project management, including project planning, scheduling, and control mechanisms.
- Ability to manage teams of professional and administrative staff or work independently to accomplish technical, complex, time-sensitive internal audit projects to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and manage complex auditing projects and activities; design, implement, and monitor internal audit programs, systems, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, explain, and audit compliance with various Federal, State, and third-party regulations, rules and procedures.
- Ability to prepare and present complex narrative and statistical reports, correspondence, and other documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Sr. Management, Boards and executive staff and others on a variety of issues.
- 10+ years of experience performing complex professional audit work focusing on trading / trade support or Portfolio Management activities.
- Five years management experience.
- Ten years project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems from an accredited college or university
Master’s Degree in Business Administration and/or advanced certification/designation, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Quality Auditor (CQA); and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).