Senior Manager, Human Capital, Actuarial, Rewards & Analytics - Non Life Actuarial, London
Your Opportunity Join Deloitte's leading Actuarial Insurance practice and apply your skills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Audit, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory - exposing you to cutting edge actuarial work in a strategic, consulting and transactional context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of commercial consulting skills that will increase your career options within Deloitte and opportunities in the market.
Your role You will play a leading role in our actuarial transformation team, helping our clients adapt their Finance and Actuarial functions to new technologies, new regulations and cost pressures. You will lead actuarial elements of our largest client's Finance and Actuarial transformation programmes, including implementation of IFRS 17, and develop new propositions to take to our clients. Your work, your choice
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to help you develop in your current role and progress through your career.
We foster an open and friendly working environment that naturally allows everyone to learn from the wide range of experts within the practice.
We also believe in structured development through formal training and personal development plans, covering areas such as:
- Building relationships;
- Project Management;
- Business development; and
- Consulting skills.
Location You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
Hours This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
- Contribute to further raising the eminence of the actuarial insurance practice in the market e.g. regularly presenting at industry actuarial conferences and Deloitte events for clients;
- Managing teams on projects to successfully deliver outcomes for clients ensuring that the deliverables are produced in a timely way and are of the required quality;
- Pro-actively identify, manage and mitigate risks to the firm on the delivery of complex projects;
- Maintain and strengthen relationships internally within the firm and leverage these relationships to develop multi-disciplinary solutions for client requirements;
- Play a leading role in developing and growing the team, identifying any skills/capabilities gaps and helping to fill them;
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships across the industry;
- Play a leading role in the development of key propositions to serve client requirements including technical and operational aspects; and
- Contributing to business development by helping to fuse together our capability with market trends to pro-actively develop solutions for client needs.
- Good knowledge of the Non Life insurance industry, emerging trends and how we can help companies respond to these trends;
- Significant experience of leading change in Finance or Actuarial functions;
- Strong and effective stakeholder management experience including alignment of different expectations and facilitating the reaching of common consensus on key areas, ultimately promoting a "no surprises" culture;
- Strong experience in Reserving and / or other actuarial functions
- Strong track record of applying knowledge and technical skills in a practical and commercial way helping to make an impact; and
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences including the C-suite.
- Already based in the UK and the right to work in the UK is beneficial.
- UK experience is preferred
Your service line: Consulting Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
How to apply
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Please apply on our careers page
SLCONS BAHUCC BAACTU WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166514