A well placed consulting firm who deal with 6 of the 10 biggest banks in the world are looking to hire a No2. in their finance function. Great opportunity to utilise your finance consulting expertise and further developed you management and strategic capabilities. Firm are European in focus and are 1700 in size currently. This role requires previous consulting experience.
Senior Manager Finance
London / Remote
To £115,000 base plus bonus and benefits.
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to join an expanding Finance/CFO practice. This role is a 2nd-in-charge to the Finance partner and involves leading the delivery of Finance consulting projects, business development and developing the people and fintech capability of this business.
What is the Finance/CFO Practice?
- We advise our clients on how best to drive innovation and change across the Finance department and, and we offer a full end-to-end service to help them achieve optimal outcomes.
- Drive Digital Transformation for our CFO/Finance clients: We help CFOs/Senior Finance Executives in complex Financial Services organisations to strategise, design, build, implement and transition to a new digital way. Whether this means building data science models for predictive analytics or embedding a new culture/way of working; we help CFOs reduce long term cost and add more strategic value to their organisations
- Target Operating Models: We help our clients ideate, design and build Target Operating Models for their Finance Departments. We combine digital innovation with more traditional techniques (location strategy, organisation redesign, Finance/Risk/Treasury alignment, workforce realignment/training), and help drive change at all points during the project life cycle. We combine people, process, data, technology and governance to build optimal Target Operating Models
- Finance Technology Delivery: We help our clients to deliver change for all finance related technology, including ERP and Cloud adoption across standard and bespoke technology suites. We drive change through the entire development lifecycle.
- Special Topics: we pool our expertise in various disciplines, to help finance departments solve topical issues. Whether it is implementing new ESG disclosures, the transition away from IBOR or implementing a new IFRS, we help our clients navigate the complex and interconnected areas of change required to get ready for important “large stakes” statutory and regulatory milestones.
Brilliant solutions need brilliant people.
This is a key leadership role in the Finance/CFO business that will give you the opportunity for leading engagement delivery, business development and people management
- Lead complex delivery of our Finance transformation engagements
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams Finance teams and be responsible for their career development and performance management
- Manage senior (C-suite) client stakeholders
- Manage commercial account development
- Lead practice development activities including the development of go to market propositions, creating thought leadership, running client events, and delivering training and development
- Drive commercial development by responding to RFPs and participating in client pitches and competitive bids
- Leverage and expand your network to generate new business development opportunities
- Contribute to the learning, development, and training of the Finance/CFO practice
- Have a passion for digital disruption, design, and innovation
Successful candidates will have an excellent track record of exceeding client expectations. In order to do this, it is likely that you will possess some or all the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in delivering change projects in a Finance function, either as a consultant or as part of an in-house change delivery team. Examples include Finance technology projects (e.g. ERP implementations), off shoring/near-shoring, target operating model transformation (TOM), finance process-improvement, finance data quality remediation, finance cloud implementation.
- Understanding of the purpose of a Finance function in a financial services organisation, how they interact with the rest of the organisation and the nature of the finance operating model
- Experience in performing data analysis (manipulating large data sets, quickly drawing out trends/stories)
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to tailor communications to different levels of seniority amongst a wide range of technical and functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrable client-facing experience
- Demonstratable consulting proposition building and commercial development experience
- A demonstrable skillset programme and project management, together with a strong understanding of project lifecycle
- A positive and engaging leadership style, gravitas and the ability to inspire and motivate junior consultants
In addition to the above, the below may be beneficial to the role
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience working in a finance function in a financial services organisation in a change role
- Experience/exposure low/no code automation, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), Cloud adoption/migration, ERPs, data wranglers, data visualisation tools.
For further informaiton and a full job description please do contact Leigh Albrecht on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07519629552.