Senior Manager Data and Insight
Amazon Finance Operations was created to support rapid growth across all business units. The goal of the team is to be the interface between the business and the Global Shared Service Centres, translating the business forward looking plans into work drivers which allow for proactive management of resourcing to deliver seamless procure-to-pay and order-to-cash processes, and enable Amazon's ongoing expansion within EMEA and across the globe. We are seeking an experienced candidate to work closely with Finance Operations, Commercial Teams, Technical teams and the Global Process Owners to ensure the Global FinOps Business Partnering Team has the right information, analysis and insight to achieve our strategic goals.
The Finance Operations Business Partnering team is embedded with the business, working closely with, Operations, Commercial, Technology and Finance teams, as well as external vendors and customers across our multiple business units. This fast developing department now needs a Senior Manager to lead the design and delivery of a reporting and data strategy, developing a fit for purpose analytical and insight framework. The incumbent will work closely with the business partnering teams to define future business requirements through a detailed assessment of needs, provide thought leadership on and support the development of BI roadmap for the FinOps Organisation at Amazon, working in collaboration with Data and Analytics teams in the Corporate Head Office in Seattle and our off shore shared service centres.
This is an exciting role, at the heart of Amazon's European finance group. It involves taking Global Ownership of FinOps BP data and Analytics, delivering reporting to support ongoing data requirements as well as ad hoc analysis and modelling to support decisions. This role will involve working with multiple business units, business partnering, service centres and corporate head office to build forward looking forecasting capabilities and represent the business partnering function in global data information projects.
We're not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average Finance position. We'll give you the opportunity to really make a difference in a high growth environment where your ability to identify and drive change will be key. You will define and establish best practice and coordinate policies with the Finance Operations leadership team based out of worldwide Amazon locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a small team made up of an existing Finance Analyst and technical engineers in offshore locations and working alongside, you will simplify, standardise and rationalise the existing reporting landscape, drive good practice in data management and governance and improve operational processes to ensure the Finance Business Partners have the right information, analysis and insight to help achieve our goals.
- You will build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure clarity around the purpose and accountabilities of the BI function
- You will design and implement strong demand management and solution delivery processes for business intelligence (BI) projects and build awareness of processes across senior business stakeholder group ensuring that development activities are aligned with the overall strategy and objectives of the Global Finance Operations organisation.
- You will define future BI requirements through detailed assessment of needs and will represent the voice of FinOps Business Partnering in Global BI projects, ensuring that the Global Technology Roadmap projects reflect the requirements of the business partnering teams. This means you are not only a data expert but have an understanding of the underlying business process and can confidently articulate why certain metrics and reports are important, build business cases and deliver analysis and insight.
- You will lead and drive Senior Management meetings with Business Partners on key Finance Operations issues and drive business decisions.
- You will write compelling business cases to bid for resource and will ensure close engagement with the Global Technology Teams to influence the shape of the Global FinOps BI strategy.
- You will build forward looking forecasting models using a driver based approach, and overcome technical challenges in a cost effective way, influencing the implementation of better tools, technologies and best practice.
- Establish metrics, reporting and review mechanisms to enable data driven decision making at pace as well as setting up repeatable and scalable mechanisms
- Applying knowledge of multiple reporting systems to deliver solutions. This requires advanced computer literacy (MS Office, SQL and Advanced Excel Skills) and the aptitude to understand system dependencies.
Supporting internal customer groups in Finance, Technology, Operations, Vendor Management and Project Management
The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, talented person experienced in an industry finance/data and insight role, able to translate business requirements into technical language and deliver solutions that meet and exceed stakeholder's expectations. You are not only a data expert but also have a deep understanding of business process and the ability to join the dots and educate your customers on best practice and the available data, making sure we prioritise scarce resource on what really matters. You will thrive in a complex, matrix organisation building strong relationships and delivering outstanding results that delight your customers and establish the value of BI at the heart of FinOps BP in Europe and Globally.
Additional traits we are looking for are a strong desire to exceed expectations, effective interpersonal skills; including persuasive written and oral communication, solid organisational skills and experience with information technology. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in English
- Proven success in a Head of Business Intelligence/Analytics or equivalent role whereby you have managed data and business intelligence for a complex business area
- Familiarity with BI tools & architecture; highly numerate and data literate
- Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Able to distil findings at the appropriate level for the audience, experienced at communicating complex analysis clearly and concisely
- Ability to prioritise multiple conflicting requests and communicate reasons why with stakeholders
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams to implement scalable solutions, delivering multiple projects to agreed deadlines
- Ability to communicate both in writing and orally in a manner necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making
- You have a track record of earning the trust of leadership by challenging norms, enabling growth and improving efficiency
- SQL and Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with Oracle Financials and data visualisation platforms: Tableau, Power BI PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in building data and insight process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma and, with profound knowledge of how best-practice tools and processes work.
- Project management experience, working with technology and product managers to drive technology roadmaps
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities